• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Pro Cycling Manager - anyone played it

Page 43 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Dekker_Tifosi said:
In 'date' you have a 0

this should be the computed date for when he signed the contract. You can compute a unix date (because that's the format) with the unix time stamp converter.
So say if you are in 2 november 2012 the unix timestap would be 1328954400

Hmmm yes, I changed the date stamp to that of 5 november 2013 (because I was at about 3 november in my game atm) but now I am at 7 november, and nothing happened at 5 november or any other day.

Do these riders stay free riders until the start of next season or something, because they are appearantly all still looking for a contract. :mad:

I checked with the Lachis- and Vanilla editor, and everythings looks fine there but somehow it just does not carry over to the game itself.

Furthermore, as soon as the new weekly save database comes around all changes I made are undone. :confused:

I am starting to have a feeling that I was never supposed to edit the WeeklySave database, but that I should have edited the Local.cdb or Custom.cdb instead...

Im very confused about a situation on my team. Pcm 11. I have dupont for superdom /co leader. 79 climbing. Fitness is great 97. No injuries no morale problems.

But he is pretty much the first person dropped on any hill yet alone mountain. Long before.my other doms
I am talking about even renshaw hanging onto the peloton before him.

What on earth can be the problem.

Parrulo said:
same has happened to me before with rujano.

fell on one stage on the first week and was getting dropped before sep vanmarck on the climbs on the first 2 weeks

he eventually bounced back was incredibly useful on the last week tho

Yeah he seems to bounce back k for.me.suddenly. 100th in gc by now but can superdom

Caruut said:
Is it just me, or does anyone else dislike racing the Tour? I don't find it nearly as fun as the rest of the season.

I've only raced 1 tour , and with a weak team it was, but i do generally prefer to beat up on continental riders.

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
Haha, Tour bug over, won a stage in fantastic style. Pinot had lost time in a split on a hilly stage, so I attacked. Over 2 climbs and then onto the stage finish to take the win. Then the paper says "victory for Pinot on national holiday". It's only bloody Bastille day. Poetic.

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
Well GVA decided he wanted to join Sky (after everything I've done for him). To compensate for the loss of my main cobbled rider, I signed Boom, Haussler, Chavanel and Ballan. Overkill? Ballan and Chavanel were super-cheap on 1-year contracts.

I take it there's a pre-determined set of possible sponsors you can sign and that no amount of further searching is going to produce any results for regional/national Finnish sponsors? I can only get Nokia on board, but they'd give me tons of money and they'd want me to sign some Americans and Danes.

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
They don't care who you sign, in reality. Makes no difference. You might consider it cheating, but you could just take one of the pre-made sponsors and change the nationality.

I just did that. I don't like this cheating business, but when it's the only way to play the game the way you want, what you gotta do, right. Maybe if my sponsor didn't have ridiculous expectations and goals for their tiny all-Finnish Conti team, and if you actually got enough money from your sponsor instead of having to survive on prize money, this wouldn't be necessary.

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
When the game has the framework in place to do a project like yours but doesn't deliver with the DB, you're just modding to make a realistic version, in my opinion.

Really? Hmm. That didn't happen here. :confused:I'm confused how that could be possible.
Anyway you could just accept the new sponsor and than edit the DB again

edit: did you also change the max-sponsor year? Because you got to change both current ending contract and the maximum year they will sponsor

Yeah, I changed both the contract and the max years. Maybe it happened because my sponsor had already decided not to extend their contract or whatever. Or it might be because of something they changed from 2011 to 2012. Anyway, I went with Milka, which I thought would be a suitable sponsor for this kind of project, and I edited it to make it Finnish (took some playing around to figure out all the different variables I needed to edit, but it works fine now). Maybe I can get my original sponsor (which I renamed to just "Suomi" as a secondary sponsor later on.

Why Milka is an American sponsor, I cannot say.

Thanks again for your help. I can see myself constantly editing stuff to my liking now. I think I will edit my scout and make him Finnish - it's only proper, right?

Ah yes, that is true. Same with the sponsor scenario editor of Lachi (in season planner). If your contract is already ending it's not possible to lengthen it.

That's why when I select custom team I first give a contract for 3 years and then edit it to 2090 :)

edit: made my scouts chinese too (i'm with a chinese project now lol)

TRENDING THREADS