• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Pro Cycling Manager - anyone played it

Page 41 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 21, 2010
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
That's not a bug. Since PCM 2011 you have to search a new sponsor after contract end. Your budget won't change while still having the same sponsor.

Had same sponsor had another 2 years on contract.At the start of season your told that more money will be available if you move up divisions.I didnt get any more euro's and had hired new riders,which i couldnt afford.

User Guide said:
Had same sponsor had another 2 years on contract.At the start of season your told that more money will be available if you move up divisions.I didnt get any more euro's and had hired new riders,which i couldnt afford.

But that's never the case in PCM 11, you only get more money if you get a higher reputated sponsor when the contract of your current sponsor has ended.
It isn't a bug but a wrong description. I don't even notice it because everyone really knows.

May 21, 2010
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
But that's never the case in PCM 11, you only get more money if you get a higher reputated sponsor when the contract of your current sponsor has ended.
It isn't a bug but a wrong description. I don't even notice it because everyone really knows.
Ah I see,then why the "youll get more money" message at start of season? Bloody silly. Thanks anyway,maybe i should read games forums.

Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
It's the training that makes the game easy. It's a bit of a joke. You can make any half decent rider amazing for a GT by having the right schedule and training them in the mountains to the max (seriously I could probably win the tour with reus if i wanted)

For that reason, I never use the specific training (mountain training)... maybe for a few days prior to a GT at most. Otherwise it's a bit silly and unrealistic. I also download the 2010 list from PCM with is pretty accurate with the riders imo.

yeah mine doesn't even open anymore. It crashes on startup ( my computer can easily handle the game, so I don't get it).
Looking back at this. Isn't this exactly what Sky did before this Tour? Sent all their riders to climbing boot camp and then they all suddenly explode away the competition?

Sky has used PCM as training method :eek:

Lolol. So I did what was posted here above.

Try a Sky-method. All my TDF team was sent to climbing camp 20 days in May.
In the beginning of the Dauphine they weren't super good (w/bad form). Later in the race they destroyed it.
Not hard with every man +80 climbing. But it was funny to see the Cyanide newspaper headline
"Strange domination by Saxo Bank" :eek: :eek: :eek:

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Cyclisme a deux vitesses :D

Ruben, what's PCM12 like? I ordered the thing but haven't even got it out of the box yet, guessing it's been patched to hell as usual? Playable yet?

will10 said:
Cyclisme a deux vitesses :D

Ruben, what's PCM12 like? I ordered the thing but haven't even got it out of the box yet, guessing it's been patched to hell as usual? Playable yet?

I have only seen it at a friends house. I didn't buy the game because I saw too few novelties and too many bug reports :p
Most people seem to be reasonable satisfied after the latest patch but there are also still a lot of complains w/some bugs like that startlists don't work and some things in career mode still not good.

I'm still not buying the game until I'm sure it's worth my money. Might be the first PCM title I never buy. Who knows. From what I saw personally I do like the new interface though, and the AI seems to be better in terms of getting blocked. Riders will now search a way around faster. But if that's the only plus... well...

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
hrotha said:
I just got the 2012 game and it crashes every time I try to do a 3D race or a detailed simulation. A quick Google search tells me I'm not alone. I got the Steam version so everything's up to date. Pretty bummed.

same problem, have you found any solution?

Looks like I failed.

Even with my entire team (except Farrar) above 80 mountains and Gesink with 85 mountains, I could not win the Tour.
Andy Schleck was inhumanly strong and I lost with 20 seconds. Tried every trick in the book I know in PCM. Try to suprise him in a dull stage. Try to attack with 2nd/3rd man on GC, let him do the work, and try to attack him then. Tried to ride the whole stage hard from the first climb. Tried to ride the whole stage easy and the last climb very hard..
All failed, because
1) On hill stages, Schleck was stronger
2) when I let 2nd/3rd man go, Andy Schleck would single handedly keep the gap in check and drop everyone bar Gesink.
3) Riding hard just brought him in ideal position on the last climb.

And in the ITT I only won back 40 seconds.
Damn.
2nd tour victory for Andy in a row, he's the only 'real' 85 climber (Gesink's normal stat is 80, so I've got no chance).
Van den Broeck and Nibali are closest with 82 climb, but Nibali didn't compete for some reason. Van den Broeck was 3rd at a safe distance.

I can only hope Andy's decline starts fast (Contador already declined in stats last year). And my 19-year old crazy talent from Suisse, Rene Isaak (already 5th in Giro!!) keeps progressing.

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Looks like I failed.

Even with my entire team (except Farrar) above 80 mountains and Gesink with 85 mountains, I could not win the Tour.
Andy Schleck was inhumanly strong and I lost with 20 seconds. Tried every trick in the book I know in PCM. Try to suprise him in a dull stage. Try to attack with 2nd/3rd man on GC, let him do the work, and try to attack him then. Tried to ride the whole stage hard from the first climb. Tried to ride the whole stage easy and the last climb very hard..
All failed, because
1) On hill stages, Schleck was stronger
2) when I let 2nd/3rd man go, Andy Schleck would single handedly keep the gap in check and drop everyone bar Gesink.
3) Riding hard just brought him in ideal position on the last climb.

And in the ITT I only won back 40 seconds.
Damn.
2nd tour victory for Andy in a row, he's the only 'real' 85 climber (Gesink's normal stat is 80, so I've got no chance).
Van den Broeck and Nibali are closest with 82 climb, but Nibali didn't compete for some reason. Van den Broeck was 3rd at a safe distance.

I can only hope Andy's decline starts fast (Contador already declined in stats last year). And my 19-year old crazy talent from Suisse, Rene Isaak (already 5th in Giro!!) keeps progressing.

that reminds me a awful lot of my hard battle against scarponi with ricco on pcm 2010 with the 2011 DB on my second season.

my team was very strong, ricco(81 MO,82 hills,66 itt, 81 EN and 78 Re) as leader, henao and machado as super doms and popo, brajkovic and rovny as mountain domestiques, i was pretty confident. the route was very cool with a prologue, 2 itt's several hilly stages on the first week and 2 mountain stages to finish it, a rather calm second week with 1 time trial and easy medium mountain stages and a vicious third week with the last mountain stage being the finestre- sestrieres combo.

nibali and scarponi where the main rivals but nibali crashed out on the first week.

anyway, scarponi took 40 seconds on ricco on the prologue (first bad sign) i managed to get into pink with 2 stage wins on uphill finishes during the first week and a win on the first mountain stage which was downhill short steep hill where i chu chu trained my way up and attacked with 500 m to the top gapping scarponi and gaining 20 seconds+ bonus.

on the first 40k or so long itt at the start of the second week was when stuff got serious, scarponi took nearly 2 minutes on the ricco on the time trial. leaving me nearly a minute behind again.

on the third week i managed to gain time + bonus on another downhill finish getting under 10 secs of pink but scarponi dropped me and won the stage on the following day. so i went to the finestre stage with 30 seconds of disadvantage on a scarponi close to cancellara's level on the time trials with 1 time trial to go.

on the finestre stage i hit finestre full speed with my doms and with a super henao (+5 that day) and super ricco with +3 i managed to drop scarponi just as we hit the gravel. henao paced ricco for 1 more k before dropping back and ricco soloed away to the stage win gaining almost 3 minutes on scarponi.

the following day i managed to hold on the pink by 15 or so seconds as scarponi finished second!!! on the last itt.

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
I cannot ride the cobbled classics for ****. Apart from one lucky win at the Ronde (where there was a group of 24 at the finish, and GVA took the win by about 5cm over Boonen), I fail dismally. I have several moderate cobbled riders - GVA, Vanmarcke and Eisel. No matter whether I try and be the first to attack, stick stright to attacks, close them down slowly or try and force others to close them down, I never even manage to come close to winning. Do I just need to buy better riders?

it's pretty hard to win a cobbled classic with a rider under 80 on COB and endurance.

the closest i have gotten with a rider like that was a forth on the ronde with terpstra from a group of 9. granted terpstra had been working for haussler the entire race and got that result despite being the one launching the sprint for haussler who managed to lose terpstra's wheel to all other 7 guys in the group and ended up in fifth or so . . . .

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
I think the GVA result just got my hopes up far too much, it was such a fluke now I think about it. In June at the moment and it looks like Boom is going to be on the market, so I'll buy him.

afbeelding26072012014.png

He was 19 at the start of the season (and the Giro). Think this is my best scouted talent ever. And then I mean, best starting stats. He started out at 72 MO, 70 TT, 71 HIL, 67 END/RES 73 REC in january.
By the time we reached the Giro he already had 78 MO, 77 REC etc. And these are his stats in the Vuelta.
I over-raced him a bit so he wasn't really good anymore in the Vuelta, in top form he could've won.

Parrulo said:
BTW how are the new DB's going? Can any1 tell me what stats costa, Machado and oliveira have on the latest DB? :p

OfficialDB:
Oliviera: 64 AVG, 74 TT, 73 PRL, 68 FL, 61 MO, 65 HIL, 60 REC
Costa: 74 AVG, 76 MO, 77 HIL, 73 TT, 72 PRL, 70 FL, 70 REC
Machado: 73 AVG, 75 MO, 75 HIL, 72 TT, 74 PRL, 67 FL, 72 REC

PCMdaily DB for Patch 1.2.0.0:
Oliviera: 66 AVG, 74 TT, 72 PRL, 72 FL, 61 MO, 66 HIL, 65 REC
Costa: 75 AVG, 75 MO, 77 HIL, 75 TT, 74 PRL, 69 FL, 68 REC
Machado: 73 AVG, 75 MO, 75 HIL, 75 TT, 74 PRL, 70 FL, 67 REC

RSM-news DB (seems to have higher stats for all riders):
Oliviera: 71 AVG, 76 TT, 76 PRL, 75 FL, 66 MO, 71 HIL, 72 REC
Costa: 76 AVG, 77 MO, 76 HIL, 75 TT, 69 PRL, 70 FL, 76 REC
Machado: 75 AVG, 75 MO, 76 HIL, 72 TT, 73 PRL, 70 FL, 75 REC

There ya go

CasperVg said:
OfficialDB:
Oliviera: 64 AVG, 74 TT, 73 PRL, 68 FL, 61 MO, 65 HIL, 60 REC
Costa: 74 AVG, 76 MO, 77 HIL, 73 TT, 72 PRL, 70 FL, 70 REC
Machado: 73 AVG, 75 MO, 75 HIL, 72 TT, 74 PRL, 67 FL, 72 REC

PCMdaily DB for Patch 1.2.0.0:
Oliviera: 66 AVG, 74 TT, 72 PRL, 72 FL, 61 MO, 66 HIL, 65 REC
Costa: 75 AVG, 75 MO, 77 HIL, 75 TT, 74 PRL, 69 FL, 68 REC
Machado: 73 AVG, 75 MO, 75 HIL, 75 TT, 74 PRL, 70 FL, 67 REC

RSM-news DB (seems to have higher stats for all riders):
Oliviera: 71 AVG, 76 TT, 76 PRL, 75 FL, 66 MO, 71 HIL, 72 REC
Costa: 76 AVG, 77 MO, 76 HIL, 75 TT, 69 PRL, 70 FL, 76 REC
Machado: 75 AVG, 75 MO, 76 HIL, 72 TT, 73 PRL, 70 FL, 75 REC

There ya go

thanks, those are great stats tho the REC stats for costa and machado on the PCMdaily BS are a bit low too be honest.

i assume costa is the one with the higher margin of progress right?

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
So I tried adding in a couple of NCs and tweaking some of the boring ones like the Dutch. The tweaks worked fine, but the new ones are broken. Deary me.

Anyone have any ideas for a Czech NC jersey? The standard one seems to be just a white-red-blue tricolore, which seems a little boring.

My current jersey is a retro-style jersey in plain maroon with a white strip around the chest for the sponsor - a bit like a Barloworld one, but a deeper red. No idea what to do with a Czech flag.

Parrulo said:
and wow DT that is one awesome talent you have scouted. what was his potential on the scout reports? Future great?

i have hired a few of those and only one of those could reach a super dom level for the hilly classics, the rest were below average.

F.ck scouts. they are a waste of money. I watch the race results in the U23 category. Usually it's 21/22 year olds winning (they have better stats). But then I saw this 19-year old winning Giro delle Regione, and all my alarm bells went off :D signed him immediately. And I hit the jackpot

2nd season and Isaak has reached his limit in climbing already (84 MO!!), he's close to his limit in ITT (81 TT atm) . Also already has 82 REC. Most progress potential left is in hills, endurance and resistance.
Insane

I like to play with custom teams based in obscure countries, with projects similar to Coldeportes or whatever, so looking at the u23 results doesn't do it for me. Currently I'm playing with the smallest Conti team ever, called Yksi - Suomi, and I need a scout to spot Finnish talent. My only two decent riders are Carlström and Veikkanen, so I don't get a lot of prize money and I'm not sure I'll be able to afford that scout until the end of the season.

hrotha said:
I like to play with custom teams based in obscure countries, with projects similar to Coldeportes or whatever, so looking at the u23 results doesn't do it for me. Currently I'm playing with the smallest Conti team ever, called Yksi - Suomi, and I need a scout to spot Finnish talent. My only two decent riders are Carlström and Veikkanen, so I don't get a lot of prize money and I'm not sure I'll be able to afford that scout until the end of the season.

If I do a project like that I replace a country as national team. I've done so with my Iran project once

Actually, in my savegames, I replace the countries that participate at the World Ch. + u23 races every year with the best 26 countries from the CQ ranking the year before.

F.ex in my save right now, Venezuela, Argentina, Belarus, Czech Republic and Ireland have replaced Sweden, South Africa, Lithuania , Ukraine and another country (don't remember which). Next year might be different once again.
OFcourse I do have the jerseys and the knowledge how to change it between years, which makes it cool and a bit more realistic.

TRENDING THREADS