Pro Cycling Manager - anyone played it

Page 40 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
So, I just bought PCM 2011 and download the PCMDaily database for it.

Now, I noticed that when it comes to equipment before I race (and I absolutely hate the way they implemented that.) I can go from 36 to 52 in terms of equipment strength.

To get to the point what equipment does the AI use? Because I don't want to get an unfair advantage this way.
 
Jan 4, 2012
154
0
0
The Hitch said:
I changed the vaules in the editor and it doesnt change anything. Ive seen the same question asked dozens of times through the hundreds of threads on PCM daily ive looked through and it has not been answered once.
Is it on the official editor? If so, you must press edit after editing. If it's any other editor than you need to make sure to save it after changing values
 
The Hitch said:
ive tired 2 different other editors and yes i have saved.
First thing you have to choose the right database to edit. When editing career you edit database of the career which is saved in this directory: Documents/Pro Cycling Manager 2011/Users/{your user name}/Database/Solo/{name of database on which is the career based}
When you open it with say Fast Editor and you know what to do (change) and then overwrite the former database, the next time you open the career everything you've changed should be applied.
 
togo95 said:
First thing you have to choose the right database to edit. When editing career you edit database of the career which is saved in this directory: Documents/Pro Cycling Manager 2011/Users/{your user name}/Database/Solo/{name of database on which is the career based}
When you open it with say Fast Editor and you know what to do (change) and then overwrite the former database, the next time you open the career everything you've changed should be applied.

Yes I've been editing the right db but the changes aren't happening.
 
The Hitch said:
Yes I've been editing the right db but the changes aren't happening.
Which files are you editing? I haven't actually needed to boost my finances in the later versions of PCM, but I remember from an erarlier version (09?) that you needed to update dyn_team AND another file to make it work. The other file were a sort of financial transactions file, will try to see if it still exists when I'm back from work.
 
vladimir said:
Which files are you editing? I haven't actually needed to boost my finances in the later versions of PCM, but I remember from an erarlier version (09?) that you needed to update dyn_team AND another file to make it work. The other file were a sort of financial transactions file, will try to see if it still exists when I'm back from work.
In 2011 you just have to change finan_i_solde in DYN_Managers
 
Yeah i change the finan_i_solde value but once i save it and leave the editor, it returns to its original value.

which leads me to wonder if other values don't determine the finan_i_solde one.

And yes i have tried advancing a day;)
 
May 25, 2010
3,371
0
0
At a loss Hitch, don't know what you're doing differently or what's happened that you can't edit. I've done what togo described on PCM 09 and 10 and its worked. Just recently I had to change the finances of a created team because it was too small and I went into the saved game database, changed it, and it came up fine. Maybe someone with PCM11 can have a look at the db in question if you upload it somewhere?
 
The Hitch said:
Yeah i change the finan_i_solde value but once i save it and leave the editor, it returns to its original value.

which leads me to wonder if other values don't determine the finan_i_solde one.

And yes i have tried advancing a day;)
The file I edited in addition earlier was dyn_finance.
You sort it so you get the highest date at the top.
And then you find the latest fklDoperation_string with value 807 and change gene_i_value to the desired amount in that line.
At least this worked for me PCM09 and it seems to be the same logic.
 
Jun 22, 2009
10,645
2
0
The Hitch said:
The season could start in the pre season say November, giving you a chance to contact some riders for the coming season.

And yes i play lots of races. i play as conti team so every race where i can get some winnings is necessary to keep finances even every month.
The budget can be very annoying in the game.

IMO a team winning basically every race just to stay within budget is more unrealistic then a reasonable budget :rolleyes:

However this is easily fixed with an editior :p

as mention previously dyn_finance.
 
Dec 27, 2010
6,674
0
0
Hitch if you are still having trouble editing your finances, drop me a PM on here with your save game and I'll sort it for you.
 
Mar 13, 2009
1,064
1
0
Anyone have initial impressions of PCM12?

Screenshots from PCM Daily look great, but I'll only consider buying it if the management aspect has been improved significantly.
 
May 21, 2010
809
0
0
2012 not a great improvement over 2011, some areas need work
bloody latest patch dosent fix WC bug on the fly by the looks of it have too start again,not a happy chappy...
The camera/time/music controls are virtually off my screen just the edge is showing,also they dont stay when youve selected put pull back off screen,so you have to be ready for time changes/dont run too fast anywhere near crucial moments etc , few too many bugs for a retail release;but i guess small market complicated game;some "end user testing" inevitable
 
Don't like that the difference in stats has been reduces... It looks so stupid when i use the whole RSNT team drilling it over 2 HC mountains for so to have 80++ riders with me into the last mountain (even used Frankie the last 3 km on the last HC mountian for gods sake)
 
Jan 4, 2012
154
0
0
Vino attacks everyone said:
Don't like that the difference in stats has been reduces... It looks so stupid when i use the whole RSNT team drilling it over 2 HC mountains for so to have 80++ riders with me into the last mountain (even used Frankie the last 3 km on the last HC mountian for gods sake)
Have you downloaded the latest patch and restarted your career?
 
I just got the 2012 game and it crashes every time I try to do a 3D race or a detailed simulation. A quick Google search tells me I'm not alone. I got the Steam version so everything's up to date. Pretty bummed.
 
May 21, 2010
809
0
0
After spending way too many hours to only start again after the bloody WC bug now it wont increase my budget after promotion.Which is kind of fundamental to the game and really one bug too far for me.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Games and Fantasy Cycling 721

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS