• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Proof of government doping program in Russia

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
sniper said:
again, very fair points by Dear Wiggo and Screaming Fist.

Otoh,
1. who in his right state of mind and with a desire to live goes traveling through Russia to investigate state sponsored doping?
I think only someone with a good level of protection from above would do that.

2. the recent suppression by government and NADO of a huge and damning report on doping in Germany up to present had all the ingredients of a story that Hajo could pursue. Why didn't he? If he's to convince me that he's not on the German government's bandwagon, I expect some sort of reference to that report in tonight's program.
ask martin vinnicombe on hurdler liu xiang

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
i see a high probability of at least 2 huge consequences of the film...

- their athletics federation either expelled from the international competition for a while or forced to clean up management/training staff cardinally
(the evidence if the federation head taking payments seems too real with all the records and emails...)

- their wada lab will be suspended (less evidence, but still plenty if wada gets mad)

what i found curious, was that the footage of nordic skiers faces (legkov, vyleg, chernousov) was more frequent, or at least out of proportion with any on-screen or audio evidence, compared with the mountains of evidence in the athletics..

May 26, 2010
Visit site
python said:

- their athletics federation either expelled from the international competition for a while or forced to clean up management/training staff cardinally
(the evidence if the federation head taking payments seems too real with all the records and emails...)

- their wada lab will be suspended (less evidence, but still plenty if wada gets mad)

what i found curious, was that the footage of nordic skiers faces (legkov, vyleg, chernousov) was more frequent, or at least out of proportion with any on-screen or audio evidence, compared with the mountains of evidence in the athletics..

The Germans have their own agenda. They are quick to look outside Germany for doping. What about their national football team and the team doctor. Kimmage remembers him and a hotel bed full of syringes at Fagor.

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
The Germans have their own agenda. They are quick to look outside Germany for doping. What about their national football team and the team doctor. Kimmage remembers him and a hotel bed full of syringes at Fagor.
i agree...i think sniper has it right at least in part - the current political mess in europe makes such a film an easily digestible and profitable red meat...that the germans know how to dope i know first hand.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
python said:
this is NOT news. nor is it remotely accurate.

rather a typical media hype to SELL something as news about an easily demonizable target.

several posters, including one of my recent posts in the xc skiing doping thread related an insider info. specifically, i have alluded to the high likelihood of the russians using the gases to get an edge...

the 'unfortunate' fact was that the use was NOT illegal under the WADA rules in effect then.

NOW, it is.

big deal ? yes and no, b/c everything scientific i was able to find is pointing to a very minor effect compared to epo, yet likely sufficient against anyone
NOT using the stuff.

Race Radio said:
Hajo Seppelt has broke many big stories of doping in sport. He uncovered Contador's positive when the UCI was trying to keep it quite. He uncovered a lot of the details of Fuentes operation, including his German transfusion tech, Markus Choina. He also did a big expose on the doping of Kenyan distance runners

This will likely be big news

So was it "NOT news"? or "big news"?

Seems like the Olympic folks should be looking at every countries "programs".

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
my post #4 in this thread was very specifically and only about the xenon and the other likely gases allegedly used as doping products. it was a response to the pre-view material referring to the subject gasses...

since i watched the film in its original and in full, i can confidently say, that compared to the mountain of evidence related to other doping products it there was practically nothing on the gasses. certainly nothing new.

in that regard, my earlier post was absolutely correct ....regarding other evidence i already posted my opinion in other posts.

python said:

Legkov and Chernousov were both training with the Burgermeister group at the time, in fact did so from 2010-end of this past winter. If there is systematic doping from them, it's not from the Russian government, but from private, outside sources. They trained with Cologna quite frequently, as Cologna's former coach was a German physio who worked with the two of them since Vancouver. I think the footage was tactically put in there as nordic skiing is an endurance sport, the Russians swept the 50km and naturally it would be an easy target for German television. Whether proven right or not, the Germans couldn't have done anything better/more with this. The question I have is when is Germany going to look into their skiers, biathletes, cyclists, nordic combiners, footballers, swimmers, t&f athletes, handballers, and other sports where the government floods money to and has shown, numerous times, world domination?

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
BullsFan22 said:
skiers, biathletes, cyclists, nordic combiners, footballers, swimmers, t&f athletes, handballers, and other sports where the government floods money to and has shown, numerous times, world domination?

Not that I think they are above doping but when have any of them ever shown world domination other than the women in Biathlon?

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
BullsFan22 said:
Legkov and Chernousov were both training with the Burgermeister group ..... The question I have is when is Germany going to look into their skiers, biathletes, cyclists, nordic combiners, footballers, swimmers, t&f athletes, handballers, and other sports where the government floods money to and has shown, numerous times, world domination?
from my posting in xc threads, you probably knew that i was well aware of the reto group...i even recently raised an eye brow about legkov breaking with burgermeister and behaving somewhat chaotically as if he was running away from ADAMS..that said, and this is a pure hunch, i would trust his time with reto much more than ANY time with their sprint coach kaminski...

regarding the second part of your post, i trust Hajo is a true enough professional with integrity, but his investigating priorities, or more accurately his publishing priorities, are likely set up by his government emplyer.

but i will say this, if there was ever an incentive to investigate doping in the norwegian xc skiing I would personally write a substantial check to see the effort lead by hajo.

It was Britain all along. I should have known. Doping uncovered in Russian track and field (where they got 3 times as many medals as Britain), so Britain must have been doping in everything else.

Good work again guys.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
kenk09 said:
It was Britain all along. I should have known. Doping uncovered in Russian track and field (where they got 3 times as many medals as Britain), so Britain must have been doping in everything else.

Good work again guys.

State sponsored doping. The Russians ignored the other sports? I dont think so. Try again.