• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Pros on the dole. AC A-wall

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
He's jacking like hell bro... If Basso rides Astana/ Contradoper wouldnt stand a chance though.

If I was contadope I would watch the Disco channel!

I hate disco though, I watch the History Channel. lol

bikepure said:
What the feck sort of pro is he?
what does he do all day? TDF focused ok but...

I don't get what you're saying. That he should be racing and if he won't he's not going to win the Tour? Or that he should be racing more frequently, as that's what he's paid to do?

Remember far enough back to 2005 when Lance would ride Paris-Nice, Flanders, and Georgia. Then head to France to train for the Tour? Seemed to work for him, no?

How about last year when AC won Nice, Pais, the Giro (a few days after laying on the beach!), and then the Vuelta. Was that enough for you?

Mar 3, 2009
Visit site
Alpe d'Huez said:
That he should be racing and if he won't he's not going to win the Tour? Or that he should be racing more frequently, as that's what he's paid to do?

Looking at it from a sponsor's point of view, if it were between Cadel and Contador on a return a simple return on investment basis...I know which one I'd be happy with and which one would be facing the axe :)

It's not about what you start, it's about what you win.

Cheers
Greg Johnson

A

Anonymous

Greg Johnson said:
Looking at it from a sponsor's point of view, if it were between Cadel and Contador on a return a simple return on investment basis...I know which one I'd be happy with and which one would be facing the axe :)

It's not about what you start, it's about what you win.

Cheers
Greg Johnson

but he could at least be doing a couple of spanish gameshows while hes resting to keep his face in the public eye..

BroDeal said:
That is apparently Internetese for "AWOL" just like "lose" is spelled "loose" in 80% of web postings.

Ya I know...I just find it hilarious when people use terms they obviously don't know the meaning of. Lose vs loose is just not knowing how to spell but "A-Wall" implies not even knowing what the term means.

Apr 9, 2009
Visit site
ingsve said:
Ya I know...I just find it hilarious when people use terms they obviously don't know the meaning of. Lose vs loose is just not knowing how to spell but "A-Wall" implies not even knowing what the term means.

Absent - Without A Lot (to) Lose?

May 1, 2009
Visit site
BigBoat said:
He's jacking like hell bro... If Basso rides Astana/ Contradoper wouldnt stand a chance though.

If I was contadope I would watch the Disco channel!

I hate disco though, I watch the History Channel. lol

It really is getting a little tiring. Is doping what you discuss with your significant other in bed at night? with the family at dinner?

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Other than contemplating getting/being paid, I bet the guy is out there putting on some serious miles/kilometers out of the public eye. You do not win GT's by sitting on the couch and watching "Price is Right"

boalio said:
It really is getting a little tiring. Is doping what you discuss with your significant other in bed at night? with the family at dinner?

The guy is a troll. All he does is post the same crap over and over again, no matter what the thread is about. He is either Realgains or Tom Morris, both of whom have been banned by numerous other cycling forums.

May 12, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
The guy is a troll. All he does is post the same crap over and over again, no matter what the thread is about. He is either Realgains or Tom Morris, both of whom have been banned by numerous other cycling forums.

Definitely a troll, but I would have said he was either DickPound or PaulKimmage, both of whom seem to have little else to talk about in the media forum.

A

Anonymous

boalio said:

ive been saying this for days... people keep defending him and saying hes knowledgeable.. :D

Mar 16, 2009
Visit site
Actually I just went on a ride with AC this afternoon after we watched the Giro on his 12 foot wide widescreen surrounded by hot chicks. He said to tell Bigboat/Bikepure that whatever Bigboat/bikepure is doing is not nor ever will be as cool/smart/funny/sexy as what AC is doing at any given moment.

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
What bikepure asked is what we think Conta is doing? How is that off topic? He's probably training his AWC power a bit, and "reconning" if he's into that. As people on this forum we can also logically conclude he's on some very effective gear.

Mar 16, 2009
Visit site
BigBoat said:
As people on this forum we can also logically conclude he's on some very effective gear.

Um, no and that is exactly what makes you a troll. I hope to god you did not major in logic in college. If you did your professors should be shot.

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
Snake8 said:
Um, no and that is exactly what makes you a troll. I hope to god you did not major in logic in college. If you did your professors should be shot.

Bla, Bla, Bla hahahaha :)

nearly every single Tour rider has doped for the past 18 years. Maybe longer. This is extremely obvious. Only the blind or mentally handicapped (in my opinion) believe the WINNER of one of the most heavily doped sporting events in the world (maybe 3rd only to NFL and WWE if thats a visual sport) is actually clean or not fixed. And when I say fixed bros I mean members of the same F-ing team deciding who is the leader (because any 3 of them could win it).

"tous dope" they all dope is sprayed on the roads. In 2006 the Protour was revealed run on "enough blood to run a medium sized hemotology unit." !!!

low dose HGH in completely non traceable after a few hours, as is Insulin, IGF-1. There are lots of effective PEDs not even banned. De-proteinized cow blood was legal for years. Ha!

If any top Tour winner was clean, it would have been that nice mennonite man from Lancaster... Who was that? Floyd Landis!