• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Puerto bags to be handed over

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Re: Re:

CheckMyPecs said:
Benotti69 said:
https://twitter.com/Noaldopaje/status/742691004357181440
You gotta admit Fuentes was a real moron when choosing nicknames sometimes.

What a surprise it was to find out "Sevillano" was Óscar Sevilla.

come on, Helmut would agree with me, the nicknames are the best part

Classicomano Luigi

Birilo

Buffalo....

it is entertainment, gift keeps on giving, gift gift gift

in Australian doping, we have out Schumi Ferrari's

some of their names are

The Gazelle
Dr Ageless
The Weapon
The Professor...

they are like hipsters naming their beer company or a beer, or a coffee shop. Its half the fun

May 26, 2010
Visit site

CheckMyPecs said:
Benotti69 said:

Doping was and still is part of the culture of sport. Fuentes obviously felt comfortable he was protected and if not at least ignored as a necessary part of Spanish sport. It did not matter the names, as DNA would find out whose blood it is when he got caught. I dont think Fuentes suffered too much. Some of the athletes have, Ullrich massively.

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site

blackcat said:
CheckMyPecs said:
Benotti69 said:

come on, Helmut would agree with me, the nicknames are the best part

Classicomano Luigi

Birilo

Buffalo....

it is entertainment, gift keeps on giving, gift gift gift

They are indeed amusing, but still severely lazy and incompetent.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site

thehog said:
Lyon said:
lenric said:
They could hand them to current teams. They would be quite helpful to get some riders into form. I'm thinking of Aru, for example.
Imagine the prices it would fetch on the black market. "Vintage Nectar of the Gods"

Ebay sale: “500ml of vintage Ullrich Blood fully preserved in Siberian fridge spun with EPO and thinning agents”.
:D

Lyon said:
lenric said:
They could hand them to current teams. They would be quite helpful to get some riders into form. I'm thinking of Aru, for example.
Imagine the prices it would fetch on the black market. "Vintage Nectar of the Gods"

That would be good. I'm currently having a vision where I see a gazillion of cyclists in a room seeing the likes of Ferrari, Martinelli and several other "dottores" auctioning the bags to the highest bidder. :D

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
images
images

If WADA (and other regulatory authorities) are limited by the statute of limitations in terms of imposing a sanction for an ADRV, can they / would they still make the identities of athletes public to name and shame?

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Ross Tucker on 'Off the Ball' radio sport talk show reckons the ADAs dont have the money or motivation to investigate the blood bags.

This is another PR move and it would not surprise me if the Spanish legals are in on it!

May 26, 2010
Visit site

Ryo Hazuki said:
Cannibal72 said:
Like Luigi, Cancellara is of Italian descent.

(Tenuous Puerto naming links! It's like 2006 never ended.)
cancellara is a german schweizer.

Fabian Cancellara was born on 18 March 1981, in Wohlen bei Bern, Switzerland, to Italian parents

Benotti69 said:
Pantani Attacks said:
Anyone suspect any big names to be outed? Heras, Contador, Schleck, Beloki and Botero are the only ones who would appear to have some worry over them. The likes of Valverde and Basso already got done.

Valverde swore it was not his blood.......went to CAS over it.

I guess Piti and Basso wont be happy that the fans are reminded they are cheaters. Remember Basso claimed he planned to do it but never did!

Scarponi will probably just smile and say little.

I would love if Paola Bettini's name came out :)

I thought Basso was bang to rights on circumstantial so went for the "I intended to dope" plea on the basis nothing was injected back in to him? ie there were 'Birillo' bags as well as notes ...

Re:

Benotti69 said:
Ross Tucker on 'Off the Ball' radio sport talk show reckons the ADAs dont have the money or motivation to investigate the blood bags.

This is another PR move and it would not surprise me if the Spanish legals are in on it!
All that will happen is some previously unnamed mid level cyclists will have bags connected to them, maybe a couple from athletics too. Don't expect any footballers to be named though.

Benotti69 said:
CheckMyPecs said:
Benotti69 said:

Doping was and still is part of the culture of sport. Fuentes obviously felt comfortable he was protected and if not at least ignored as a necessary part of Spanish sport. It did not matter the names, as DNA would find out whose blood it is when he got caught. I dont think Fuentes suffered too much. Some of the athletes have, Ullrich massively.

Interested in your comment about Ullrich there Benotti. Why would you say he has suffered massively? He was as guilty as hell and deserved what he got.

Does it say anywhere how long until all the names are out? Like some have already mentioned here, I am just as keen to know the non-cyclists named. I also wonder if some names/evidence was completely wiped out earlier, perhaps as far back as when this first broke in late spring/early summer 2006.

TRENDING THREADS