• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Purito - Joaquim Rodriguez thread

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
304-007.jpg

328-PIC10939270.jpg

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Joaquim Rodriguez (Katusha) became a father for the second time around. This week Elsa Rodríguez (3150 g) saw the world. The baby and mother are both doing good.

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
Great rider, has had a great year-he's doing the Vuelta right? Hope so, the field this year might give him his best chance at ever getting on the podium at a GT.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
He was a bit underrated as Caisse kept screwing up his preparations time after time by forcing insane demands on him (2008, anyone?). At 31, he doesn't have long left, so it's good he's taking advantage of the freedom he's getting this year :)

david2 said:
la Z es de españa no de portugal

No, I don't know where the library is

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Michielveedeebee said:
That is Robbie McEwen, check the stripes on his arm

1. thats El Purito in the leader´s jersey of the Volta Catalunya - check the stripes on his arm ;)
2. The stribes are green and white, not green an yellow
3. Robbie has short legs, but not that short :)

Libertine Seguros said:
The worst thing about the demise of Caisse d'Epargne is that we won't see that spectacularly awesome Spanish champion's jersey anymore.

...that and the fact that it will be the end of one of my favorite teams I believe starting as far back as Reynolds with Pedro Delgado. I hope the rumours I've been hearing are true about Telefonica coming in as a primary sponsor.

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Faul play

pic136501915_600.jpg

Katusha rider feels he distanced Anton in finale

Joaquin Rodriguez (Katusha) has voiced his dismay at missing out on taking the red jersey at the Vuelta a España yesterday. The Spanish rider thought he had done enough to claim the overall lead, first by taking a time bonus at the first intermediate sprint and then by appearing to open a gap over Igor Anton (Euskaltel-Euskadi) in the closing metres of the stage.
Instead, the results of the opening intermediate sprint were nullified due to a large crash in the peloton which took place just before and then, after lengthy deliberation, the commissaires opted to award Anton the same time as Rodriguez for the stage, meaning that the Euskaltel-Euskadi man took the overall lead.
“I don’t know why I’m not the leader,” Rodriguez told AS after the stage finish at Xorret de Catì. “The team should lodge an appeal because on crossing the line I saw a big gap back to Anton but they gave us the same time.”
Rodriguez was also upset that the time bonus he thought he had gained 17km into the stage had been wiped out. “They also cancelled the sprint with the time bonus,” he said. “Look what happens when the judges aren’t meticulous. What they did was ugly but I just have to resign myself to it now.”

Read: http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/rodriguez-disappointed-to-miss-out-on-red-jersey

auscyclefan94 said:
I thought Rodriguez had the gap but it is not a bad thing for him or the team to not have the red jersey atm.

Seeing how much he wanted the red jersey, its possible he feels he is coming to the end of his form, which started at the tour, so wants a leaders jersey in week 2 instead. Kind of like Vino said before the giro he was aiming for a few days in pink, nothing more.

TRENDING THREADS