Quickstep bus seized by police.

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
A

Anonymous

Guest
Logic-is-your-friend said:
I would think none, or we would have heard about it. It seems theirs was the only bus that was pulled over.

Cars = all teams
Bus = QuickStep
it wasnt pulled over. appears the police turned up at the hotel and took it away.
 
Oct 25, 2010
434
0
0
seriously, the french clouseus think they are going to find drugs on the thing like some mexican truck crossing the border with heroin baked into the tail lights and sunvisors? get real...
 
Mar 11, 2009
3,853
0
0
The French Connection

Will the Police be disappointed if all they find are bricks of heroin?
Not quite as lucrative as PEDs sigh.
 
The Gnome said:
seriously, the french clouseus think they are going to find drugs on the thing like some mexican truck crossing the border with heroin baked into the tail lights and sunvisors? get real...
Get real????

The best antidoping operations and programs have been performed by police in the past. If the riders fear someone is the police not the UCI.;)
 
Jul 6, 2010
2,340
0
0
Polish said:
Will the Police be disappointed if all they find are bricks of heroin?
Not quite as lucrative as PEDs sigh.
Every now and then, Polish...

That made me chuckle, loved the 'sigh'...
 
Dead Star said:
this isn't right. Boonen's been **** for years. And Ciolek's not exactly Zabel :D
As stated in this thread before, maybe the police wanted to show that they will be tough in this Tour. Or maybe they wanted to scare people off. They probably know that nowadays nobody hides anything is buses so they start showing off with something.

Of course now days not even being a Lanterne Rouge is a warranty of being clean if you know what I mean.
 
Aug 11, 2009
729
0
0
Moose McKnuckles said:
Any truth to the rumor that the search turned up Stijn Devolder's lost treatise on race tactics from his QuickStep days?
Yeah, they found it next to his pride and determination.
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
Polish said:
Will the Police be disappointed if all they find are bricks of heroin?
Not quite as lucrative as PEDs sigh.
More likely, they find cocaine.
 
Mar 10, 2009
7,279
0
0
this_is_edie said:
More leaks.

A. Thomas-Commin, writer for L'Equipe tweeted that the search was almost called off because the team knew it was coming.
later tweet:


thomas_lequipe A. Thomas-Commin
Opération terminée pour la fouille du bus Quick Step. Les enquêteurs n'ont rien trouvé. Le bus va repartir. #cyclisme

Operation terminated. they didn't find anything. bus is leaving.
 
I just hope the reasons to cease & search the bus are legitimate-& hopefully they won't stop there and do the same with the other team buses-otherwise the french police is going to look like imbeciles & bullies at the same time. If this is an Anti-doping matter- the authorities should know better that Saxo, Leopard, the Shack, & now OPL must be top priority to keep a very close eye on them.....
 
Bala Verde said:
later tweet:


thomas_lequipe A. Thomas-Commin
Opération terminée pour la fouille du bus Quick Step. Les enquêteurs n'ont rien trouvé. Le bus va repartir. #cyclisme

Operation terminated. they didn't find anything. bus is leaving.
They spotted the bus leaving. It got slightly modified by the Gendarmes.



They did the modifications so they could see what is going on inside now. They are talking about enforcing every team to use this tyep of bus.
 
Feb 14, 2010
2,202
0
0
Escarabajo said:
Get real????

The best antidoping operations and programs have been performed by police in the past. If the riders fear someone is the police not the UCI.;)
This +1

The AFLD are in charge of doping tests for this year's Tour, and are working with info from the Bio Passport to be used for targeting, along with their past relationships with Interpol, OCLAESP and Customs. I'm glad this happened early so they can try to identify and shut down the leak. I hope they check incoming messages and phone calls. Why would someone have contact info for a clean team and feel the need to warn them?
 
Aug 9, 2010
6,264
0
0
Benotti69 said:
bet Bruyneel is gonna be sweating this whole tour and looking over his shoulder:D
I think Johan has a little overnight bag already packed and ready...he's been practicing.
 
Aug 3, 2009
3,217
0
0
ElChingon said:
Well if any of you have ever seen a car or truck that was stopped at a USA border crossing to be inspected, they're going to rip that bus apart! I will doubt that bus will ever work as it did before, they never put them back together like they originally were, some stuff just won't go back the way it was, extra bolts and nuts are just left in a box.
****, if the US Border Patrol got a hold of it, the whole effing bus would fit in a shoe box when they were done with it.
 
Aug 9, 2010
6,264
0
0
Escarabajo said:
They spotted the bus leaving. It got slightly modified by the Gendarmes.



They did the modifications so they could see what is going on inside now. They are talking about enforcing every team to use this tyep of bus.
funny! hope they have some dingleballs and crosses up in the front window
 
Mar 10, 2009
7,279
0
0
Escarabajo said:
They spotted the bus leaving. It got slightly modified by the Gendarmes.



They did the modifications so they could see what is going on inside now. They are talking about enforcing every team to use this tyep of bus.
haha.

I recommend they ask them to use the open seat beer-bike instead:



show's over... For now.
 
Oct 25, 2010
434
0
0
Escarabajo said:
Get real????

The best antidoping operations and programs have been performed by police in the past. If the riders fear someone is the police not the UCI.;)
and if you think Quickstep is going to be riding around with it in their bus I have some swampland to sell you real cheap amigo...
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS