• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

R.E.S.P.E.C.T. to Chris Horner

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
BIG UPS TO OL MAN HORNER
ali-g-peace.jpg

FO KEEPIN IT REAL AYE

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Obviously the main thing is that he wins but given that people have (kind of understandably) said that Valverde and Purito are coming off the Tour and Nibali is focused on the worlds I'd like to see Chris go all out tomorrow and get a good winning margin and set a fast time to show just how good his form is right now and that he would be right up there with the best if they were on top form.

Cyivel said:
Obviously the main thing is that he wins but given that people have (kind of understandably) said that Valverde and Purito are coming off the Tour and Nibali is focused on the worlds I'd like to see Chris full genius tomorrow and get a good winning margin and set a fast time to show just how juiced he is right now and that he would be right up there with the best if they were on top form.

fixed....10char

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
racing_like_scalded_cats said:
Chris is amazing. Next time he is in the San Fernando valley he needs to punch horseteef in the mouth. Maybe horseteef will pay him what he owes him.

His money is supposedly safe in a bank vault under UCI control, good luck with that :D

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Horner needs to increase his advantage to 17 sec to feel completely safe. in the form that he is in, along with the tactical acumen gained from years of cycling, he is going to take the win for sure.

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Bit harsh to call the young generation's performance a farce, they haven't been as good as people might have thought but Chris has been just that bit to good so far.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Cyivel said:
Bit harsh to call the young generation's performance a farce, they haven't been as good as people might have thought but Chris has been just that bit to good so far.

With farce i meant Horner....
He just shows the new generation that it´s not going to work out what JV told them.... We are back to old school nineties style.

EnacheV

BANNED
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
Respect from Germamny too. Horner shows the so-called new young generation what is possible at age 41. What a farce...

I will watch with interest how many weeks of ban you will get. Your sig is also offending to.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Cyivel said:

There is a thread 8 times as many posts for this opinion. go post it there. Trouble with that thread is there is only about 1/3 on Mr. Horner. they get off on a lot of tangents.

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Master50 said:
There is a thread 8 times as many posts for this opinion. go post it there. Trouble with that thread is there is only about 1/3 on Mr. Horner. they get off on a lot of tangents.

What on earth are you on about?

Edit: I see some posts were deleted making mine take on a different meaning.

Anyway, great ride by Horner.

Wins the Vuelta at 41!