• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

R.E.S.P.E.C.T. to Chris Horner

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
FoxxyBrown1111 has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - R.E.S.P.E.C.T. to Chris Horner

---Quote (Originally by webvan)---
He's right, it was probably a bit of a historic moment, what are the chances that we're going to see that again in our lifetime? I was really on the "edge" during that climb...I feel sorry for the haters who couldn't rise to the occasion...
---End Quote---
.. the cynics and the sceptics: I'm sorry for you. I’m sorry that you can’t dream big. I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles.

What does that have to do with anything? Since you bring up LA, I called him the day of the 1999 day prologue, i.e. before you. Now go back to the clinic. Actually, do what you want, you're now on my ignore list, good luck.

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Will Alonso pick Horner now?

With Vuelta in bag, horner is not relly going to be cheap, but the team could get some quality publicity with him

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Bobito said:
I'm not insinuating anything. I'm simply very impressed that a man over 40 can do what no man over 40 has ever done in the history of the world, which is outride a bunch of younger men for three weeks. I'm old enough now to find this quite incredible. I wish I knew how he did it, because it's the most remarkable athletic feat in memory.

I dispute that. Moses was 90 when he led his people into the desert, and got plenty of exercise wandering around until he was 120. Never did get to the promised land though.

pugdog said:
I dispute that. Moses was 90 when he led his people into the desert, and got plenty of exercise wandering around until he was 120. Never did get to the promised land though.
well horner uses different type of tablets to count results. Moses numbers weren't Job's product therefore not WADA certified. Horner still our best winner.

Netserk said:
He surely has lost some weight over the years.

7913fb001dac11e3b0b222000ab5c094_7.jpg
Is he some kind of Benjamin Button? He looks younger now.

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
pugdog said:

Well then, Chris topped Moses. They can't take that away from him.

Spectacular job by Horner, I'm very pleased to see the best rider in the peloton winning the race. That he lost a bunch of time in the TT made it even more exciting. Excellent fight by Nibali too though, I gained respect for him as well.

What a battle, great Vuelta.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Horner ends season due to broken ribs. Sure had bad luck with injuries this year, but more than made up for it with the Vuelta win! Get well soon, Chris!

get well sooon papy!

see...that's the story of his proffesional career in europe..mega talent but crashed everywhere..i still remember tour de france 2011 where in my opinion he would have beaten easily cadel and the schlecks...that didn't end well either...in this vuelta, the stars did align. at least next year i hope he will be healthy for some races.

TRENDING THREADS