• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Race thread: Olympics 2020/21 Tokyo, Men's Road Race, 234k

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
This race much more closely resembles a Pescheux Special TDF mountain stage than it does a 1 day race. Only difference is that it is a 1 day race, so the dynamics will be far different than the soft peddling we see in the Pescheux Specials.

Look at the first mountain stage of the 1986 tour to see how these races can be if raced hard from the start. Big time gaps

Reactions: Sandisfan
Would like to see Nibali add a gold to his trophy cabinet as I feel sorry for how he lost in Rio.
But my #1 cry into my Saturday morning breakfast choice would be Nairoman. What a least expected day that would be if he actually managed to have one of his good days on the right day

By the time you'll have your breakfast Nibali, Quintana and Dumoulin will be in a break some 15 minutes ahead of a depleted peloton.

Would like to see Nibali add a gold to his trophy cabinet as I feel sorry for how he lost in Rio.
But my #1 cry into my Saturday morning breakfast choice would be Nairoman. What a least expected day that would be if he actually managed to have one of his good days on the right day
He would need a whole minute on top of Mikuni to everyone in order to stay in front till the finish line, so not very likely...

:fishcake::fishcake::fishcake::fishcake::fishcake: Roglic
:fishcake::fishcake::fishcake::fishcake: Van Aert, Pogacar
:fishcake::fishcake::fishcake: Evenepoel, A. Yates, Valverde
:fishcake::fishcake: Almeida, Schachmann, Moscon, Higuita
:fishcake: Gaudu, Woods, Mollema, Hirschi, Bettiol and a bunch of other guys.
Rogla has problems with long races;
I honestly dont see how Wout can win this. He will lose time against top climbers on Mikuni, I think we all agree on this; who will work with him to get back to the front group, I just dont see it

Reactions: Eeslliw
Jul 23, 2021
Visit site
I normally only read on these forums but created an account to ask this.

3am starting time in the UK is not great. Around what time should I get up if I want to be sure of watching from the beginning of the Mikuni Pass?

Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS