• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Race Thread

Page 115 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
So finally some riders have announced to have signed for the Tormans as opposed to those leaving it. Today, u23s Arne Baers and Nathan Smith have signed for the team to ride alongside Hermans, van Kessel, Kuhn, and Schreiber. Smith finished third in the junior worlds this year behind Christen and Dockx while riding Sven Nys' bikes. With that connection I'm surprised Baloise Trek didn't sign him. I don't really know much about Baers but he's come from the Acrog Tormans development team and his results on CX24 are very average in the middle of the pack, so I'd guess they're trying to develop him like Jordan Wyseure.
https://tormanscx.be/news/baers-smith/

So finally some riders have announced to have signed for the Tormans as opposed to those leaving it. Today, u23s Arne Baers and Nathan Smith have signed for the team to ride alongside Hermans, van Kessel, Kuhn, and Schreiber. Smith finished third in the junior worlds this year behind Christen and Dockx while riding Sven Nys' bikes. With that connection I'm surprised Baloise Trek didn't sign him. I don't really know much about Baers but he's come from the Acrog Tormans development team and his results on CX24 are very average in the middle of the pack, so I'd guess they're trying to develop him like Jordan Wyseure.
https://tormanscx.be/news/baers-smith/

Alongside Hermans and van Kessel? They are leaving. Or are you talking for the period between september-december?

Reactions: LicMarcos
So Pauwels Sauzen have a change in team leader with Richard Groenendaal apparently leaving on a mutual agreement. Robby Cobbaert is taking over the position. I'm not insinuating anything happening within the team, but it is the third team leader/ DS to be in the role in recent seasons as Groenendaal only recently took over from Gianni Meersman.

On the subject of people leaving the team, Laurens Sweeck was able to leave from the start if this month and therefore broke his contract, but I don't think Fem van Empel was allowed to earlier in the season. I saw an article on a regional news site saying she wanted to look more to the road but had to honour the contract with the team.

Reactions: Wyndbrook
Does anyone know if cyclocross is going to be shown on GCN again this year? Nothing showing on their website currently…I wouldn’t expect them to show the small German races this weekend, but would hope they’d have the American races again from next week…?

They've got the USCX Cup races over 4 weekends starting next week. One would like to see them branch out and cover some other countries series; the new Swiss series, the UK National Trpohy, etc

And speaking of the UK, it's all rather quiet on news for the supposed World Cup round in December......compare it to Benidorm.

Last edited:
They've got the USCX Cup races over 4 weekends starting next week. One would like to see them branch out and cover some other countries series; the new Swiss series, the UK National Trpohy, etc

And speaking of the UK, it's all rather quiet on news for the supposed World Cup round in December......compare it to Benidorm.
What's the new Swiss series?

I was listening to the Crosscast podcast and one of the hosts of that appeared to have some connection with the UK World cup, but couldn't confirm or deny anything regarding whether it is taking place. And if it is taking place he couldn't couldn't confirm any details about it. Personally I feel it won't

Reactions: Axel Hangleck

Colder, wetter, darker, more expensive, better pubs...

(sorry, I thought you meant 'Compare UK in December to Benidorm')

TRENDING THREADS