• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Race Thread

Page 212 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Without even looking at cyclocrossresults.com, I doubt anyone other than Wout has beaten MVDP 13 times. MVDP's cross record is insane - including his H2H against Wout.
You would think so, but there are quite a few. Using the cyclocross24 H2H feature, 4 of my first 5 guesses had 15 to 21 wins vs Mathieu (van der Haar, Michael Vanthourenhout, Laurens Sweeck, Tom Meeusen). You have to remember how many races he and Wout were doing against elites as teenagers.

Toon Aerts has beaten MVDP 15 times.. (and lost 134 times)
Statistics is all good but behind there’s the reality. Mano-a-Mano WVA and MVDP have been beaten very few times by any of the other top riders. I can recall a few occasions when Toon actually beat WVA and only one such occasion with MVDP (there surely has to be more). What I do remember is a few occasions where MVDP crashed out and got a DNS. I cannot remember Wout ever had a DNS but that can’t be right but he rarely crashes bad and almost always continues to race despite mechanicals etc.

Only when these two are having real off days can they be challenged. This I believe is the true “statistic”

You would think so, but there are quite a few. Using the cyclocross24 H2H feature, 4 of my first 5 guesses had 15 to 21 wins vs Mathieu (van der Haar, Michael Vanthourenhout, Laurens Sweeck, Tom Meeusen). You have to remember how many races he and Wout were doing against elites as teenagers.
Niels Albert has an unbeaten 2 - 0 record against MVDP. But I take the other posters point that MVDP and Wout are just absolute beasts.

Brand not happy at the end. Maybe felt like she was pushed to the barriers in the sprint?

It looked like she said something a bit cross to Fem after the finish?
Maybe Lucinda knows that this was the chance to beat Fem, who has an injury from a training crash in Spain, and a cold. Fem says she's been in bed for most of the week. It's clear that she won this race on pure determination, not on her form. It was possible today for Lucinda.