• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Race Thread

Page 97 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I still don't see why Pidcock is labelled along with MVDP and WVA at the moment. Yes he's now won all of what Axel has stated above but he's by no means on another level. He may have been the best as a second year Junior/U19 and also towards the end of his U23 days once Iserbyt became an elite, but he hasn't come up to elite and started, but he's not doing dominating performances like wva and mvdp did when they stepped up in 2013/14/15. He battled with Iserbyt right to the final corner today and last season only won a single race in Gavere where he beat a slightly below par Van Der Poel.

Reactions: TourOfSardinia
Clipboard.jpg

Sandbagging?

Don’t think so. After the dominance shown by Wout in the races he has contested I don’t think it’s crazy to say that he probably won’t be able to challenge Wout from get-go. Especially when you look at where Mathieu will be making his CX debut…

Not in World Cups he won't; I think there is a specific rule enabling riders to start from the 4th row providing they have a high ranking in road/MTB. Neff started in Waterloo from the 4th row despite not racing CX for nearly 2 years - but I'm sure her MTB ranking put her there.
I don't understand the uci cx rankings, because as far as I understood, all the cx rankings would be reset to 0 for the start of the season, yet riders like van Aert and van der Poel still had points when I looked at one point in early november.

TRENDING THREADS