• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Race Thread

Page 99 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
What's wrong with Pidcock?
Nothing, just that the few times he's been really outstanding in CX have people overrate him as a cyclocrosser. He's had one or two outstanding races the past few years*, but he's also had many mediocre performances as well. He's not there yet, and overall i still don't rate him as the 3rd best cyclocrosser.

*i meant per season

Last edited:
Nothing, just that he lacks the engine for these muddy courses something that the Anglo-Saxon press doesn't seem to have realised yet.
Nothing, just that the few times he's been really outstanding in CX have people overrate him as a cyclocrosser. He's had one or two outstanding races the past few years, but he's also had many mediocre performances as well. He's not there yet, and overall i still don't rate him as the 3rd best cyclocrosser.
Thanks! I don't follow cyclocross much but in the Danish media is was touted as a 3-way battle (with Pidcock as the least likely winner of those). Great race, though!

Clipboard.gif

Due to the Corona restrictions in the Netherlands, the Hulst race will be held in last years location or the traditional one?

I think they changed the location last year as it was not viable to control the spectator ban in the city centre.
I thought it was supposed to be on the Dijks like last season, but the race website and official uci world cup website are both showing the course on the sides of the city moat.

Pidcock once again showing that it's the big two of WvA and MvdP and that he's more equal to the likes of Iserbyt, Vanthourenhout, Aerts and Sweeck.

What's wrong with Pidcock?

Look at the size of him, he simply doesn't have the pure power for heavy, muddy CX courses. There is a reason he's the Olympic MTB champion; longer climbs, and more technical terrain suit him far better. Flat, heavy mud courses with next to no technical sections aren't his speciality.
I've said before on here, he'll win some nice CX races, but he'll do far better on the MTB.

TRENDING THREADS