• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Race Thread

Page 182 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
It looks like Puck Pieterse will ride Strade Bianche, but Fem van Empel won't. Both of them will have very limited race days on the road though. Van Empel has Fleche Wallonne as a semi-target, but her main focus is the mountainbike, as is Pieterse's.

It looks like Puck Pieterse will ride Strade Bianche, but Fem van Empel won't. Both of them will have very limited race days on the road though. Van Empel has Fleche Wallonne as a semi-target, but her main focus is the mountainbike, as is Pieterse's.

I no nothing about how these riders would fare in a long one-day on the road given that I've only watched them in 1 hour efforts, but I would think Fem van Empel was made for Strade Bianchi. I could also see her as the next Van der Breggen at Fleche Wallonne.

Reactions: postmanhat
Team relay won by the Netherlands. Great Britain could run it quite close, Van Empel had only 2 secs advantage on Anna Kay when she started. She finished with 30 secs advantage and the race was over, all Ryan Kamp had to do was stay upright.
Sounds like it was an enjoyable race to watch with the ebb and flow.
Best I've managed to see so far are a couple of phone clips of the finish.
I had an inkling the Brits were going to medal, Sweek was very close, but not quite.

Reactions: Axel Hangleck
Sounds like it was an enjoyable race to watch with the ebb and flow.
Best I've managed to see so far are a couple of phone clips of the finish.
I had an inkling the Brits were going to medal, Sweek was very close, but not quite.
The lack of coverage is probably due to the host broadcaster, Dutch public television NOS. They have no love for cyclocross and they don't understand it. Should have just left it to the Belgians, it's only a few kilometers from the border. Most Dutch cycling fans watch it on Belgian tv anyway.

The lack of coverage is probably due to the host broadcaster, Dutch public television NOS. They have no love for cyclocross and they don't understand it. Should have just left it to the Belgians, it's only a few kilometers from the border. Most Dutch cycling fans watch it on Belgian tv anyway.

Yeah, it's the same for the MTB Relay; it's down to the host broadcaster to put it on; everything is set up already. Only the Swiss in 2018 have bothered; it was also on the UCI YouTube channel. It should be a condition of getting any Worlds that all races are available to watch.....
That it was shown Live last year in the USA was probably down to the Worlds sponsors, Walmart......money wouldn't have been a problem at all.

Reactions: postmanhat

TRENDING THREADS