• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Radioshack / Armstrong find success by clinching the team classification.

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
For me Radioshack are possible the most boring team in the peleton. They provided zero excitement during the Tour. Footon has more spark than them.

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
scribe said:
I gotta agree. He is not close to the form he had last year. A very strange drop off to say the least. You might see a slight drop from the previous year or a slight improvement, but this is different. Seems like he took some 'chances' last year that he did not dare to do this year.... I am guessing it is micro or no-no, this year.

Yah I agree with this, but we don't know what would of happened if he never got that flat in the cobbles, and didn't crash three times during that one stage, causing him to lose ten minutes.

This was the crash: it was a pretty bad fall, he slid like 30 feet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHBftK8okyA

Obviously ten minutes was too much to gain so he decided to take it easy afterward. I mean he didn't do too bad for today's climb considering he attacked the previous stage. I don't think top 23 against the best cyclists in the world is bad. Look at Cadel and Basso...and the other 80 riders behind him that are half his age, lol.

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
SilentAssassin said:
I don't think anyone would argue LA went out a winner especially in the TDF. USA already knows Lance won this race 7X. Anything else he gets is just a bonus at this point. His stated main objective was for his livestrong foundation and they have raised over 200 million correct me if I'm wrong...quite a feat for a good cause, which really should make him a winner in everyone's eyes. Overall Lance's comeback was indeed a success.

His foundation has actually raised 14 million. I don't know how you got that preposterous number. It's not that people don't recognize his incredible donations to cancer, but as a rider, his tour was an absolute failure. I wish he never came back at all.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
ericthesportsman6 said:
His foundation has actually raised 14 million. I don't know how you got that preposterous number. It's not that people don't recognize his incredible donations to cancer, but as a rider, his tour was an absolute failure. I wish he never came back at all.

And the poetic justice would be if you get some form of cancer later in your life that his foundation lead to a cure ...

Yes he should have probably stayed retired but without LA the USA wouldn't even know or care about the TDF.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
The Falcon said:
meooowwwwww ! take that. If you arent with us, you are against us etc :rolleyes:

I'm just sick of these troll posts.

We get it you hate LA. He doped, he cheated, he's a **** in his personal life,blah blah blah.

It gets old.

It's funny how he doped and climbed like a machine but Schlek and Contador couldn't possibly dope or cheat. I'm not saying they did but these posts should just be fill-in-the-blank they're so canned.

SilentAssassin said:
It's been a tough TDF for "The Shack" with the streak of bad luck that Lance had in the tour. But what they have shown is that they have the best team overall, which is why they clinched the TDF team classification. Not only that, but Lance gets to retire on a high note on the team podium. :D

The Shack is more like The Hut. Or maybe The Lean-to. The Cardboard Box Beneath the Freeway Overpass (CBBFO).

Bennyl said:
For me Radioshack are possible the most boring team in the peleton. They provided zero excitement during the Tour. Footon has more spark than them.

That's because you don't appreciate the intricate subtleties of the tactics required to capture the coveted, yet maddeningly elusive, team classification.

It's a sophisticated blend of effort: a careful balance of resources and talent necessitating a masterful orchestration of performances. One must at the same time work dilligently to apply those efforts needed to avoid truly terrible results while at the same time insuring against any suggestion of actual success.

This is the stuff of a true master.

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
eztarget said:

We get it you hate LA. He doped, he cheated, he's a **** in his personal life,blah blah blah.

It gets old.

How does it get old when you only have 10 posts on the forum? How are you sick of it already?

As I've said before, I guess the rules don't apply to you. Just like your hero.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
131313 said:
How does it get old when you only have 10 posts on the forum? How are you sick of it already?

As I've said before, I guess the rules don't apply to you. Just like your hero.

Sorry your highness. I guess this is board is the ONLY place in the world that talks about cycling. Get over yourself.

As I said below when LA was winning 5 years ago HE WAS DOPING but now that AC and AS are doing the same thing they couldn't possibly be doping only my hero.

Give me a break like a post count makes you a cycling guru.

Apr 1, 2009
Visit site
SilentAssassin said:
It's been a tough TDF for "The Shack" with the streak of bad luck that Lance had in the tour.

Riding into a clearly marked roundabout is not "bad luck", it's stupidity.
Riding on the wrong part of the cobbles is not "bad luck", it's poor preparation.
Riding behind Euskaltel riders when they crash is not "bad luck", it's stupid positioning.

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
this_is_edie said:
that's BPC again.

Yeah, it really took me a while to figure out the whole 1,238 user name thing, but I finally caught on. I couldn't figure why people were always being mean to the new poster:D

It makes sense, now. He has no respect for rules if he doesn't agree with them. Banned from the forum? just sign up again.

Above any regulations, just like his hero.

Team GC is completely awesome, though. Definitely what a team with a 20 million dollar budget is looking to win.

Brilliant tactical move making Lance crash so some other guys could focus on GC and move the team up in the standing. Paul Sherwin is right, Johan really is a master tactician. Not sure what Bertie will ever do without him.

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
patswana said:
Riding behind Euskaltel riders when they crash is not "bad luck", it's stupid positioning.

didn't you hear? They aren't bad riders, they just have distinctive jerseys! (I swear their director said this)

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
MacRoadie said:
That's because you don't appreciate the intricate subtleties of the tactics required to capture the coveted, yet maddeningly elusive, team classification.

It's a sophisticated blend of effort: a careful balance of resources and talent necessitating a masterful orchestration of performances. One must at the same time work dilligently to apply those efforts needed to avoid truly terrible results while at the same time insuring against any suggestion of actual success.

LMAO :D

In addition to the subtle qualities it takes to win the Maillot Par équipes, it looks like the Shack has been running this race ill on top of everything else according to Chris Horner's diary report on Stage 17:

http://blog.oregonlive.com/horner/2010/07/tour_de_france_stage_17_chris.html

"With 250 meters to go, I no longer had any fight left in me, and I let Gesink and the others go, coming in just behind. In the end, the day went OK for the team. We did lose Levi’s top 10 GC thanks to the illness that we’ve been passing back and forth to one another on the team, but we came closer to securing the team classification, and I moved up to 10th on GC."

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
MacRoadie said:

possibly that is true. however, the team that Radioshack bought to the Tour was always going to take out the teams award. A team of capable climbers of which non of them could seriously challenge for the GC.

After the yellow and the white jerseys, the teams award was probably the most predictable. I didn't every feel that Caisse could sustain their challenge.

But, I guess you are right, I never really delved into the intricacies of the competition enough to appreciate it. Still Radioshack could still do with some panache.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
SilentAssassin said:
It's been a tough TDF for "The Shack" with the streak of bad luck that Lance had in the tour. But what they have shown is that they have the best team overall, which is why they clinched the TDF team classification. Not only that, but Lance gets to retire on a high note on the team podium. :D
Dont' mind most of the posts here,Silent. It's the big trend here to hate Lance and all things associated with him. They've been winking, patting each other on the back and smiling smugly for what? 11 years now. But I'm sure they're right....

SilentAssassin said:

Wassup, Polish.

The entire RadioShack team get yellow jerseys, right?

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
Roadrage said:
Dont' mind most of the posts here,Silent. It's the big trend here to hate Lance and all things associated with him. They've been winking, patting each other on the back and smiling smugly for what? 11 years now. But I'm sure they're right....

Oh c'mon, they may hate Lance, but the team classification? seriously? Even some of the most hardcore fans on here could not name who won the team classification over the last couple years. You wanna know why? Because RS is the first team to ever go for it. No one gives a **** about it, the best teams are sacrificing their domestiques individual placings to achieve ultimate victory. The team classification should be named; team with the largest amount of decent riders not good enough to be GC contenders.

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
eztarget said:

It gets old.

It's funny how he doped and climbed like a machine but Schlek and Contador couldn't possibly dope or cheat. I'm not saying they did but these posts should just be fill-in-the-blank they're so canned.

What are you going after me for? I appreciate Lance and all he's done, but he's merely sullied his reputation by coming back and showing his mere mortal side. There's nothing trolly about saying that Lance has had an awful Tour, because it's the honest truth.

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Roadrage said:

They are jealous of Lance. If you win too much people start hating...it's called "Player Hating" in my country. :p It happened to the Yankees, Jordan and the Bulls, Mayweather Jr, LA Lakers....etc. etc.

SilentAssassin said:
They are jealous of Lance. If you win too much people start hating...it's called "Player Hating" in my country. :p

Check out whitey trying to drop the slang.

white-men-cant_l_jpg.gif

TRENDING THREADS