• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Rate the 2015 Giro d'Italia

On a scale of 1 to 10, how awesome was this Giro?

• Vino

Votes: 13 6.9%
  • Lower than 6, and should be forever banned from the forum

Votes: 6 3.2%

Votes: 81 42.9%

Votes: 20 10.6%

Votes: 16 8.5%

Votes: 46 24.3%

Votes: 7 3.7%

• Total voters
May 30, 2015
Visit site
9. It was a well designed race and all the stages were exciting enough but the overall winner was never really in doubt save for a couple days in the early portions due to an injury scare. Need a more impressive GC field than this one to make this a true classic.

Red Rick and others:

BigMac said:
lemon cheese cake said:
The polls are still broken. Are they ever going to be fixed???

In the meantime, while they are not properly fixed, there's a way to get around it. Normally create your thread with the poll, then edit and copy the entries to clipboard, delete the poll (this includes poll title and entries), save it, edit it again and re create your poll. It will work.

On a similar note, does this software allow to make polls public?

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Could a mod please fix the incorrect opening post where a race other than the Tour de France is called Greatest in the World? Thanks.

May 18, 2015
Visit site
7. I kind of feel like the race wasn't decided between all the strongest riders. Astana literally coddling and babysitting big-mouth Aru and not letting their strongest guy race. It's impossible to say if Contador would have still won, but it's a bit like 2012 where Sky was force feeding us Wiggins as the rightful winner. The individual days were all pretty amazing, but I just have a feeling it could have been better/different if Astana weren't so ***.

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
Every stage was entertaining, with ssome a few brilliant stages, great battle for Mountain and Sprint competitions, would have been 10 if GC was a bit closer

May 18, 2015
Visit site
Re:

Arredondo said:

If you give a 7 or below, i wonder how high expectacions you have in your daily life.
Apparently, I just wanted to see the best riders actually racing, not babysitting the chosen Italian one. It was painfully obvious Astana were never going to let Landa ride. You must have found 2012 TdF simply riveting.

7,Contador and Landa were great,but i was disappointed that Porte and Uran were not there in the podium battle at least.Didn't liked that Astana forced Aru on the 2nd GC position.There were some great stages but Contador was always in control,that ITT already cemented his win.

I voted 10. Truly an awesome race filled with intense drama from start to finish, a grand parcours, fresh young faces winning stages, well known names showing themselves, the emergence of a new possible GT contender (?), Aru solidifying his potential, and a champion who had to ride like a champion to end up victorious. Truly a grand race IMO.

A wonderful race. Drama and incident on loads of stages, breakaways making it to the line, Astana pushing it to the limit by attacking on a mechanical and the cheeky sprint from Aru after he made a deal to try and distance Uran and finally Contador riding brilliantly in the ITT and on the Mortirolo to prove he's the rider of the age

TRENDING THREADS