• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Rate the Worlds

Rate it

• Fiasco

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Didn't expect much, looked really promising when Aru and Martin where doing damage, but in the end all the big guns waited. Big points for Gerrans missing out on gold. I think i'd rather have seen Valverde win.

It looks like Nibali enjoys getting his *** kicked on those short finishes. Two years ago he also waited for the final ascent of the Cauberg to get his *** kicked

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Only saw the last 30 minutes of it, so will have to abstain from voting until I've seen more. But I'm expecting, sadly, the parts I missed will be similar to what I saw. :eek:

Red Rick said:
It looks like Nibali enjoys getting his *** kicked on those short finishes. Two years ago he also waited for the final ascent of the Cauberg to get his *** kicked

And last year he waited for the final hill to be among the top2 riders at the top.
And in MSR 2012 he waited for the Poggio to be among the top3 riders at the top.
Key word here is shape. He didn't have it. And we knew it.

I'd give the race a 6. It wasn't as bad as many are picturing it. We sure need some of the bigger teams to be more aggressive.

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site

Quite good. Dull first few hours, really good second part when Italy made the race hard, setback in the 3rd part and a really intense and good final.

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
gave it an 8.

Did not have high expectations for this race in the first place and got what I hoped for: an exciting last few laps of the course. Have enjoyed watching Kwiatkowski all season. Love his enthusiasm and riding style. He's a great team player and hard worker on OPQS. And the Polish team celebration at the finish line was pure joy ...congrats to a deserving winner! :)

5 because it was a location with so much potential, and yet the parcour was soft enough to restrict any selection.

Kwait's win is the only reward, not only to prove yet again that a winner MUST take chances & dare to do things others aren't prepared to do so, but to lecture Gerro & Valpiti for riding like the cowards they are

8 because I expected a lot worse ofcourse. Once the Italians started the race became interesting. My bonus was that I recorded it and fwd the parts that are boring, so looking back at it an 8 might be a bit high.

Im really oblivious to why a break is completely unable to work together anymore the last years, which ruins so much races.

Not a big Kwiat fan, but I was cheering him on because he actually thought of something better than wait for the final climb. So really glad that the guts he showed were rewarded.

Also impressed by the danish youngsters and very very dissapointed in the dutch team. It's that they got orange kits so they stand out in the bunch else I would've never seen them.

TRENDING THREADS