• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Rate the Worlds

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Rate it

• Fiasco

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
sienna said:
6. Harder to follow without trade team jerseys.

Actually, national jerseys were quite easy to recognise (only one black, if I recall correctly) and on top of that, it was very easy to distinguish riders of one nation according to colour of helmet or bike (at least those teams that featured riders from various trade teams). So from this perspective it was quite refreshing for me.

Jancouver said:
Seem like many fans around here would prefer repeats on Alpe D'Huez as the WS parcour or at least a route with 25% 10km long MTF.

Remember TDF stage 2 York-Sheffield?

The problem is not the "climbs"- but how tough the terrain should be in order to enhance the elimination process & to create the proper environment for the cyclists to attack & risk more, rather than having two bumps in the wrong order with a long drag towards the end where a large group is likely to gather, as we saw yesterday.

Overall, we've had over the last 5 years the WRR set up mainly for sprinters & punchiers, not for climbers at all. (last one goes back to 95)

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
hfer07 said:
Remember TDF stage 2 York-Sheffield?

The problem is not the "climbs"- but how tough the terrain should be in order to enhance the elimination process & to create the proper environment for the cyclists to attack & risk more, rather than having two bumps in the wrong order with a long drag towards the end where a large group is likely to gather, as we saw yesterday.

Overall, we've had over the last 5 years the WRR set up mainly for sprinters & punchiers, not for climbers at all. (last one goes back to 95)

IMO the team size is the problem. Same as TDF when you have 9 rider teams, they will be capable of chasing everything down. Yesterday, Poles and Australians were chasing everything down. If you have just 6 man teams, it will be much harder on 250+ km race. Ponfereada course would be OK with smaller teams and one or two extra laps.

Jancouver said:
IMO the team size is the problem. Same as TDF when you have 9 rider teams, they will be capable of chasing everything down. Yesterday, Poles and Australians were chasing everything down. If you have just 6 man teams, it will be much harder on 250+ km race. Ponferrada course would be OK with smaller teams and one or two extra laps.
+1 Somebody who gets it.

May 23, 2013
Visit site
I gave it 5. The race was as expected, but redeemed, up to a point, by Kiatkowski's attack and win, which gave the race at least an extra five points. If Gerrans had won I'd have given it -5.