• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Rate this stage - 10: Mácon → Bellegarde-sur-Valserine

Rate the stage

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

very fast average speed
jensy delivering the pain
voeckler being awesome and rolland too.europcar is alive!
nibali as always riding with huge balls
jurgen being agressive but in my opinion he should have went straigt at the foot of grand colombier

as disappointements:
grand colombier ridden very slow
cadel and the shacks waiting for tomorrow

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site

The 5 of the break were great.

Nibali and VdB did good things but they were beaten by Sky helpers

And Evans confirms his bad TT two days ago.;)

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
0 for all GC riders, except Nibali. Less than zero for Evans, if possible.
Voeckler, Jens and Nibali the only riders worth mentioning in positive sense.

I still hope for fireworks tomorrow. The way Evans has been riding so far, he'll wait tomorrow too for last 10m of the stage to attack. :D

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Well, it's a 7 for me.
Positive:
Battle for Stage win
Mountains jersey
Green Jersey Sagan vs Goss
Nibali, VDB attack
Negative:
No other contender really did anything(except J-Rod Light)

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
The profile is awful, we saw in the Dauphine that you can't drop Sky on this stage. But I suppose ASO couldn't know Sky would morph into US Postal when they designed it. If Nibali got away and Wiggins had to chase himself, instead of a tireless Porte, we could've seen gaps at the finish. I gave it a five because the battle for the stage win was good entertainment.

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I'll give it a 6.5.

VDB, and Nibali showed some heart. Went at it pretty well.

Stage win was awesome to watch as well. Not taking anything away from Voeckler, but I thought Voigt should have got the combative rider.

Sky, and Evans, well, were just bog ordinary. Sky only have to mark one man really, and that's Evans. They could give Nibali the Yellow and a 30 second lead and still win on the last ITT. it's almost like they dangled him out there for a while to tire himself out on purpose.

Stage 11 please!!! :D