• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Reasoned decision thread (includes speculation)

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 26, 2010
Visit site
Racelap said:
I agree. Vaughters, Leipheimer, Hincapie, etc all continued to perpetuate a lie. It's particularly repugnant in the case of Vaughters. He should have received a lifetime ban.

I agree.

All this, "I didn't dope after 2006" rings false and will be convenient for the likes of Vaughters to continue with the clean cycling mantra that is plainly not true.

Shoot. This reads like a novel. I am afraid I will need to read it top down. This sukks as I read at a lower speed than an ebook would be spoken. Every page is "good". Lots of new details.
Zabriskie remorseful even during his doping days, feeling the crashes were his punishment for breaking his own youth vows against doping. Darn...

Zinoviev Letter said:
That's rather easy to say from afar.

If Barry is telling the truth about riding clean from 2006 (and why wouldn't he tell the truth, now that he's retired) that deserves some respect. At the very least it shows that he felt guilt for doping. Given that doping was a systemic rather than simply an individual problem, opting out of it, at an inevitable career cost, took at least some moral fibre.

Yes, of course, it would be better if he'd just come out and spilled the beans voluntarily when he got off the hot sauce. But in 2006 that would have ended his career. It's a rather high standard you are holding people to in other words, and one which I suspect most people wouldn't reach.

Barry wasnt exactly supportive when landids made his accusations in 2010. And now he claims to have been anti doping then.

Armstrong was retired until late 2008 and then came out of retirement to compete again for a little over two years. Yet, by the time of his second retirement his lawyers’ claims about the number of tests completed by Armstrong had mushroomed to “500 to 600 tests.”

During his lawsuit Mr. Armstrong refused to respond to USADA’s requests for information about the number of tests he claimed to have had.

USADA has tested Mr. Armstrong on less than sixty occasions. The UCI has been
quoted as saying their records indicate slightly over 200 tests for Mr. Armstrong. Thus, the number of actual controls on Mr. Armstrong over the years appears to have been considerably fewer than the number claimed by Armstrong and his lawyers.

In any case, as described below, the risk of Lance Armstrong ever testing positive was
always relatively low and could be, and was, managed through precautions and evasive measures that were regularly employed by him and his team. Therefore, the contention that an absence of positive drug tests is proof that a cyclist is clean does not bear serious scrutiny.

Chestnuts!

Cloxxki said:
Wow, so folks like Landis are paria, but a life time ban on Armstrong, and he's still a swell guy and a great role model. Hate to be Sky now...
Let's take Wiggo's TdF just fior stupidity.

Lance probably has something on him, something big. That's his ground rule for a friendly relationship with him.

Oh ffs hog was clearly trolling. Funny to an extent but to present it as fact then sit back and giggle as people buy it is kind of thread hijacking.

May 29, 2012
Visit site
Good to see Gila was used to dope rather than compete with the Cat 2's !

On March 24, 2010, Armstrong sent an email to Stefano Ferrari with his racing and training
calendar for the next two months through May 23, 2010. The calendar Armstrong provided to
Ferrari on March 24, 2010, setting forth his whereabouts for the next two months was highly
accurate. Among other things, the calendar sent to Ferrari set forth three (3) trips to Aspen,
Colorado and competition in the Tour of Gila (a race in the vicinity of Silver City, New Mexico
on April 28 – May 2, 2010. However, the calendar that Armstrong provided to USADA six (6)
days later on March 30, 2010, when his quarterly whereabouts filing was due, omitted all four of
these trips, stating instead that his primary location was Austin, Texas on each of the dates he
was really planning on being in either Aspen, Colorado or in New Mexico. Thus, Armstrong
was content to allow USADA to plan his testing for the quarter based on inaccurate whereabouts
data that Armstrong knew was wrong.

snackattack

BANNED
Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
MatParker117 said:
They also displayed a ridiculous statement from Armstrong's lawyer.

Lawstrong legal has launched a salvo:

"We have seen the press release from USADA touting the upcoming release today of its "reasoned decision." Tygart's statement confirms the alleged "reasoned decision" from USADA will be a one-sided hatchet job - a taxpayer funded tabloid piece rehashing old, disproved, unreliable allegations based largely on axe-grinders, serial perjurers, coerced testimony, sweetheart deals and threat-induced stories.

"Ignoring the 500-600 tests Lance Armstrong passed, ignoring all exculpatory evidence, and trying to justify the millions of dollars USADA has spent pursuing one, single athlete for years, USADA has continued its government funded witch hunt of only Mr. Armstrong, a retired cyclist, in violation of its own rules and due process, in spite of USADA's lack of jurisdiction, in blatant violation of the statute of limitations, and without honoring UCI's demand to produce the entire USADA "file" for an independent review and decision as mandated by national and international rules."

The legal system world wide is awakening of late and starts to play catch 21 in various cases.
Betcha this ends in a anti doping bloodbath.

May 14, 2010
Visit site
In Velonews, under the headline Must Read: Armstrong attorney links USADA to big tobacco, we find this from Armstrong lawyer Tim Herman:"This reasoned decision will be a farce, written by USADA with the significant assistance of lawyers from one of Big Tobacco’s favorite law firms at a time when Lance Armstrong is one of America’s leading anti-tobacco advocates."

http://velonews.competitor.com/2012...ng-attorney-links-usada-to-big-tobacco_256518

This whole USADA thing is nothing more than a plot by Big Tobacco! :rolleyes:

Talk about clutching at straws. Tim Herman is a drowning man. Or rather, his client is. Clearly, Herman is angling for a second career - in standup comedy.

May 29, 2012
Visit site
snackattack said:
"Ignoring the 500-600 tests Lance Armstrong passed, ignoring all exculpatory evidence, and trying to justify the millions of dollars USADA has spent pursuing one, single athlete for years..."

This cracks me up. Lance Armstrong and others are paying Timothy Herman f**k knows how much to use copy, paste and edit. Bravo.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Imagine guys, when i read "From Lance to Landis" some years ago, i was already happy that something this big hit the lights.

But todays report is the czar bomb... and the Walsh book is the Hiroshima one. That big difference it is. I am just wow, especially about the GH testomony.

No way Nike and AB can still back Armstrong. I hope SCA is the first to sue him for money back.

I am happy today. The first time 100% sure. Today is the Day X. Judgment Day. The end of time. Day Zero. The Day the earth stood still. :):):)

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I think Herman and Fabiani, if they have any morality or conscience left in them, should quit working for Armstrong sooner rather than later. They are being paid big bucks, not to do legal work, but to propagate lies and deceit that their client has been feeding them. They are just Armstrong's press dogs.

Armstrong is a sinking ship, he's grasping for air. Very soon he's going to be tried as a criminal for lying to federal investigators and perjury. They should quit if they value their careers.

snackattack

BANNED
Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
TheEnoculator said:
I think Herman and Fabiani .. They should quit if they value their careers.

Lawstrong legal had a win-win from the start. It's just a matter of baiting, till them sweetheart dealers cross the line a bit more in their illegal uphill witch hunt.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
TheEnoculator said:
I think Herman and Fabiani, if they have any morality or conscience left in them, should quit working for Armstrong sooner rather than later. They are being paid big bucks, not to do legal work, but to propagate lies and deceit that their client has been feeding them. They are just Armstrong's press dogs.

Armstrong is a sinking ship, he's grasping for air. Very soon he's going to be tried as a criminal for lying to federal investigators and perjury. They should quit if they value their careers.

They are rubbing their hands in glee now thinking how uch they will rake in trying to defend Armstrong against the feds for perjury and lying to feds.

chaching$$$$$$$. These guys dont do it for any other reason. Armstrong's green is as good as anyones to these lowlifes.

TRENDING THREADS