• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Rebellin signs for Miche per now

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
will10 said:
Not surprising in any way shape or form :)

So thats:
Rebellin
Muto
Schumacher
Zaballa
Rasmussen
Giunti
have I missed anyone?

Moletta - six months on ice thanks to a dodgy daddy but officially off the hook, no contract at first but returned with Miche
Carta - Clostebol positive while riding for Miche
Di Grande - Giro blitz while at Tacconi Sport ended with a criminal conviction, returned with Miche
Hamburger - rode for Miche in his farewell season

Route du Sud

IMG_1850a.jpg

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
la.margna said:
What Is outrageous is the fact that dopers who come out with the truth and tell too much for the omertà brothers, don't get any contract anymore (Jaksche, Kohl, ...).
Well yeah, who wants to sign a rider who's just going to spill the beans about what goes on within the team? ;)

ak-zaaf said:
What Rebellin is saying is an idea from the time when amphetamine use was rampant. I think with modern medication Van Heeswijk is closer to the truth.
It would also seem Rebellin is suggesting he was always clean? Because I don't think his intention was simply to refute a common misconception by providing empirical evidence to the contrary.

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
I'm impressed that at age 40 and off a 2 year ban he wins twice in a week there and did a very good Route De Sud too. IMO, he deserves to be allowed back as he's shown some real tenacity..the age and the length of ban should have been major obstacles. I reckon he is good regardless of his doping.

Bit of tongue in cheek reporting, methinks:

"Rebellin returned from a two-year doping ban in May following his positive test for CERA at the Olympic Games in Beijing, and is currently enjoying a rich vein of form on the Italian calendar..."

May 26, 2010
Visit site
sniper said:
This is Rebellin saying:

http://de.eurosport.yahoo.com/17082011/73/rebellin-40-jahre-muede.html

I found that interesting, cuz I remember that Max van Heeswijk recently said the opposite: if he'd done more dope, he could still have been competitive.

not so sure Max is right. A lot of guys would like to have raced for longer, Kelly, Roche are 2 that spring to my mind, especially Kelly, his hunger was never sated.

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: Re:

Benotti69 said:
roundabout said:
WildspokeJoe said:
the sceptic said:
that was hillarious. Huge time gaps too and looked like he was holding back.

Why isn't he riding the giro :(

Because he wants to ride the Vuelta and break Horner's record!

He won't retire until his tax evasion case is resolved ;)

That and still riding to pay for his divorce ;)

... when he lost half of the house and half of the bloodbag fridge

May 26, 2010
Visit site
something to note about Rebellin

Cillian Kelly @irishpeloton 6 hours ago
The usual reminder that Davide Rebellin finished 9th at the Tour of Lomabrdy in 1992, ahead of the likes of Stephen Roche and Andy Hampsten

TRENDING THREADS