• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Rebellin signs for Miche per now

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

FoxxyBrown1111 said:
Gung Ho Gun said:
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
Gung Ho Gun said:
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
Rebellin... Rebellin... He is the baby version of Horner. Both improving or at least holding their old performance levels at ages other riders are forced to/or long ago quit (simply because they can´t/could not hold wheels anymore), and after a long absence from top level racing. The one hiding for some years in obscure US races, the other serving, who would have thought?, a doping ban. Both hardcore dopers, totally unashamed of risking to be caught (again). At least the majority of other riders have fear, keep their doping at lower levels, but not those two arrogant nutjobs. That is what makes it the most disgusting for me.
Wait, what, Rebellin improved or held his performance level? Winning the Tour of Turkey is the same level as being at the pointy end of every hilly classis?

+ @ Netserk

You have great points here. Congrats. You won a internet debatte.

For me, it´s just highly suspicious that the greatest riders ever couldn´t stop aging and thus had to retire latest mid 30s (bonus @ Netserk: leave alone still battle it out with the same strong performances they had when they were in the 20s, doped btw).... Back in the day there were no Horners, Rebellins, Pitis, Evans racing at the highest level when way over their peak years. Zilch. Nobody. Not even Merckcx was able to do that. That´s my point... OTOH, I am not going into nitpicking debates. And thus; Adios, good luck, and good night. Wish ya all a great weekend. :)
Zoetemelk did
Duclos-Lasalle did
Van Steenbergen was winning national championships on the track till age 40 and that was ages ago
Rebellin's career trajectory has zero similarity with Horner's. Zilch
Neither has Valverde's or Evans'
Many riders have performed at high levels aged 34 or 35 like Valverde does and Evans did

Congrats, your post made zero sense. Pointing that out isn't exactly nitpicking imo

All ok... until "zero sense". That made me to come back once more...

"Zero sense"... well, same goes for yours. Do some cherry picking and you can turn every post up side down... Whatever, you won, and I have the numbers on my side. They speak volumes. Adios, bye bye, enjoy the Giro, have a nice time.
Yeah man. Apologies for debating on a forum. Didn't get the memo that you're only supposed to make claims without much of an argument and go "bye bye" whenever someone argues. Bye.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Re:

staubsauger said:
Foxy never heard about that world champion called Joop Zoetemelk !

Ofc I did not. Who is that? A chess player or something?

Funny that the lone old guy from Holland must always be taken as the cherry picked lone example.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Re:

hrotha said:
There's always been some super old dudes around, but that doesn't change the fact that we're seeing a trend towards older riders still being at the top of their game.

AMEN. That was my point.... I just gave some examples, that would be picked apart. My mistake...

Re:

hrotha said:
There's always been some super old dudes around, but that doesn't change the fact that we're seeing a trend towards older riders still being at the top of their game.
And not just cycling.

Remember Bjorndalen last year lol. Good times.

Also the Japanese world war 2 vet who won the silver medal in the ski jump last year. It was his second olympic medal, but the first one was back before the internet existed.

Davide reintregated into the Italian cycling fold:

Monastero della Castellina: awards for Formolo, Rebellin and Bastianelli
f50a987e-914d-11e5-b515-b48588416dfe_169_l.jpg

http://www.gazzetta.it/Ciclismo/22-11-2015/monastero-castellina-premiati-formolo-rebellin-bastianelli-1301033759523.shtml

No matter how our views differ on Rebellin we can all agree that he is one profesional cat. Pure detication, profesionalism and determination. He knows nothing outside of cycling, so if he keeps getting good results i see him taking another year, Allez Rebellin, will be cheering you on this year.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Re:

markene2 said:
No matter how our views differ on Rebellin we can all agree that he is one profesional cat. Pure detication, profesionalism and determination. He knows nothing outside of cycling, so if he keeps getting good results i see him taking another year, Allez Rebellin, will be cheering you on this year.

A recent divorce and tax settlement might be helping him stay motivated.

Re: Re:

Benotti69 said:
markene2 said:

A recent divorce and tax settlement might be helping him stay motivated.

Davide is still married to Francoise.