• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Recommendations for narrow-width road shoes

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
luckylegs said:
Ready for new road shoes and got a skinny foot. Any ideas what to try?

Thanks

I've also got narrow feet and often have to hunt to find ordinary shoes, running shoes and hiking boots that fit my feet.

When it comes to bike shoes I never have any trouble - just go Italian. Over the years I have found that Sidi and Diadora fit me the best.

Brands I have found it best to definitely avoid include Shimano, Specialized, Lake, Louis Garneau, Time (used to fit, but seem to have changed their last ove the past few years ...)

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
I have super-narrow feet and have been wearing Diadora for years. Their top-end shoes, (Proracer Carbon) are stiff and light and the fit is great for narrow feet. I've heard very nice things about Bonts, but I just can't see spending that kind of cash on shoes.

Apr 3, 2009
Visit site
If you can find 'em on Ebay you could also go with Nike cycling shoes (or find out what the original make is). They are known for making narrow footwear. I had a pair of Lance IIs for a while and loved them, had the sole in the back not worn out, I'd still have 'em.

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback everyone! My research concurs with what you all stated, Italian. Unfortunately, I can't find any locally to try on (just some low-end Sidis). Plenty online to order, but sizes are all over the place between brands.

Any ideas what size I would need in Sidi, Vittoria and Diadora? I'm a US size 10.

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
I like Sidis but the lighter versions are way expensive for a one/two season shoe. The new Mavics are lighter and cheaper. The soles are plenty rigid although the uppers will last two seasons at best.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
luckylegs said:
Thanks for the feedback everyone! My research concurs with what you all stated, Italian. Unfortunately, I can't find any locally to try on (just some low-end Sidis). Plenty online to order, but sizes are all over the place between brands.

Any ideas what size I would need in Sidi, Vittoria and Diadora? I'm a US size 10.

Got my Diadora MTB shoes here at work with me - the tag on them says 43, and US 9.5.

My Sidi road shoes - a Genius number something or other - are from memory a 43.5. While I can't remember the exact size number, I do remember that the European size number has been the same since pretty much my first pair of Sidis back in the '90's - so I would think that you should probably be OK sizing yourself off a lower end pair ...

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
DMT Shoes Narrow?

I'm after some new shoes and like the look of DMT Radials, I understand DMT come up narrow, but would welcome any comments from those who have tried them on.