• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Recovery Home Brews

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
Feel free to share your bonk reboot recipes

My fave is Honey Nut Cheerios, Soy Milk and Ovaltine sprinkled on top

works every time.

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Boeing said:
Feel free to share your bonk reboot recipes

My fave is Honey Nut Cheerios, Soy Milk and Ovaltine sprinkled on top

works every time.

on the road....if an emergency....a sausage roll, peanuts, a packet of shortbread and a can of c*ke....has been a lifesaver

if safely at home....smoothie ingredients: soy milk, mylo chocolate powder, oats, honey, a banana, a table spoonful of smooth peanut butter and a teaspoon of glutamine powder.

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
straydog said:
on the road....if an emergency....a sausage roll, peanuts, a packet of shortbread and a can of c*ke....has been a lifesaver

if safely at home....smoothie ingredients: soy milk, mylo chocolate powder, oats, honey, a banana, a table spoonful of smooth peanut butter and a teaspoon of glutamine powder.

mylo..mmmm haven't had that in years.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
timeismonkey said:
if it involves chocolate milk, anything over 2 miles

Ha - same as running then.:D

The chocolate milk is immediate. I usually can't eat until about 30 minutes after finishing a run. When I'm ready for food, bananas, oranges, cookies, or pizza work well for me, with more chocolate milk nearby.

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
On the road a snickers bar, a small can of Pringles and a coke bring me out of a bonk.

At home I find a lot of water and a big plate of pasta do the trick everytime.

My 'recovery' meal is the same as my breakfast or lunch or dinner..sweet fruits and lots of it.

20-30 large ripe bananas blended with water.
OR

500g -1kg of dates blended with water.

Max flavour, digestability, optimam vitamin/amino acid/mineral profiles and carb content.

I have a rule, dont eat/drink anything you have to recover from.. :)

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
durianrider said:
My 'recovery' meal is the same as my breakfast or lunch or dinner..sweet fruits and lots of it.

OR

Max flavour, digestability, optimam vitamin/amino acid/mineral profiles and carb content.

did you write "20-30 bananas"? as in 1 banana 2 banana 3 banana.....

where do you put it?

May 6, 2009
Visit site
After going south to do some races they have beers for sale after the race. I never partake in them because usually I have to drive, so and I take zero chances wrt to my licence, and even if I did decide to ride, I will wouldn't anyway.

Aug 16, 2009
Visit site
durianrider said:

500 lb gorilla? I think I saw you at the zoo on a mini-bike.

Jul 16, 2009
Visit site
durianrider said:

OR

20-30 large ones...... WTF ... are you serious ... how is that "all things in moderation" ???????

Talk about gut ache :eek:

durianrider said:

Biggest Solo Training Ride 515km

Is this why they invented seats with cutouts, so you can crap while riding. :)

Secondly "Biggest Solo Training Ride 515km" I have no riding friends either. :)

Regards

Hugh

TRENDING THREADS