• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Refill Day winners and losers

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Was the first thing I thought of when seeing Contador attack, Contador sure had a nice extra half liter of blood yesterday :).

Via Twitter albertocontador Alberto Contador
Finishing the rest day,we need it.Eat different,sleep a lot and training a little.Now celebrate 28 birthday of Dani Navarro = Crack

While its not perfectly clear I believe he may have hit the pipe with Navarro. Then again maybe other bonding was going on in that hotel :p

Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
My mother is a leukemia survivor and she loved her refill days. It was an amazing thing to see the difference a top-off gave her. So yes, I would assume a blood transfusion would have pretty rapid effects.

mightymac12 said:
Can any one cite another case of Evans climbing so well (consistently)?

Tumbleweed.jpg

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
The correct answer is: All of the above.

Everyone got a refill - Thor, EBH, Hesjedal, the podium girls, Hinault, moto camera man, everyone.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Big Doopie said:
winner: contadope (tweeted that he ate "different" -- more spanish beef?)

loser: schlecklet (tweeted that he'd been tested 3 times in 24 hours -- scared off a full refill which would have shown up against these three consecutive markers?)

discuss.

I guess because Evans is an Anglo, he's just a champion.

For someone who had contemplated abandoning the TDF just a few days ago, Contador sure looked good today. Having said that, his face is still showing pain, and even though he attacked, Evans and Jesus (Voeckler) were still able to mark fairly well until Voeckler, for some reason, decided to watch the Schlecks. As far as the brothers are concerned, I still think they are the favourites. Their problem was the Luz Ardiden stage. They should have kept the pace going once they attacked the 2nd or 3rd time. One of them should be wearing yellow by now. Still three super tough stages to go, so they still have time to put time on Evans and Contador. Basso is the outsider for a podium, as I think Sanchez and Voeckler will crack in one of the next three stages. I don't know what Hushovd has been up to, but he just seems to get better by the day, and honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if we see him on the the attack again tomorrow.

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
Blood transfusion day sure did Contadope well. Same story last year when he was dropped on stage 8, the day before the rest day. He was a different rider on stage 9.

luckyboy said:
Ha, Contador is doping while Evans, Basso, Sanchez, Cunego, Schecks are clean.

This is Lance-fanboy defense 101. :rolleyes:

Facts about Dertie:

* Higher suspicion rating than rivals.
* Only gets stronger relative to the competition as the Tour progresses.
* Won the "hardest Giro" less than 2 months ago.

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
BullsFan22 said:
For someone who had contemplated abandoning the TDF just a few days ago, Contador sure looked good today. Having said that, his face is still showing pain, and even though he attacked, Evans and Jesus (Voeckler) were still able to mark fairly well until Voeckler, for some reason, decided to watch the Schlecks. As far as the brothers are concerned, I still think they are the favourites. Their problem was the Luz Ardiden stage. They should have kept the pace going once they attacked the 2nd or 3rd time. One of them should be wearing yellow by now. Still three super tough stages to go, so they still have time to put time on Evans and Contador. Basso is the outsider for a podium, as I think Sanchez and Voeckler will crack in one of the next three stages. I don't know what Hushovd has been up to, but he just seems to get better by the day, and honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if we see him on the the attack again tomorrow.

Ask Carlos Barredo if "Tor" is clean.

I'm a fan of whoever can beat the Schlecks. Including Cadel, Sanchez etc. in this Tour.

It is anti-logic that they are all clean and Contador is the only one doping. The difference is AC got caught.

History has told us that barely anybody at the top end of a GT is clean.

btw I'm not making excuses for Contador. I just believe that all of the GC guys are doping.

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
luckyboy said:

I don't like Contador, but I must admit he's riding a smart race, at the right spot on the radar. When you compare team strength, the Leopards look like the weakest cats in the jungle. At this point you just bend over and enjoy it; it's the rolling WWF.

May 26, 2009
Visit site
luckyboy said:

Yep that's how it goes. I mean most people, those in the media too, seem to have forgotten Frank "I only sent a bank wire for 8000E and got nothing in return" Schleck.

TRENDING THREADS