• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Refill Day winners and losers

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
luckyboy said:
I'm a fan of whoever can beat the Schlecks. Including Cadel, Sanchez etc. in this Tour.

It is anti-logic that they are all clean and Contador is the only one doping. The difference is AC got caught.

History has told us that barely anybody at the top end of a GT is clean.

btw I'm not making excuses for Contador. I just believe that all of the GC guys are doping.
no need to explain. those of us that step out of the clinic more than once in a blue moon understood you.

(your original post made me :D )

Tyler'sTwin said:
Blood transfusion day sure did Contadope well. Same story last year when he was dropped on stage 8, the day before the rest day. He was a different rider on stage 9.

This is Lance-fanboy defense 101. :rolleyes:

Facts about Dertie:

* Higher suspicion rating than rivals.
* Only gets stronger relative to the competition as the Tour progresses.
* Won the "hardest Giro" less than 2 months ago.
Imo chances are bigger that conta did a refill than that he did not.

However, i don't think your arguments say much.
Point 1: Frank Schleck paid Fuentes money. Ulle said it best: if you can't add 1+1 then i can't help you.
Point 2: He did the Giro and had to take a rest which left him not enough time to be 100% at the start of the tour, but 2 weeks of TDF did get him in shape.
Point 3: Yes he did he Giro. And we have seen the effects the last week and a half, with Conta barely hanging on to folks he used to beat.

I don't think it's an issue of who is doping but rather who got the biggest boost from it on stage 16.

Thinking of the people who tried to do the double/raced for GC in both races the only one who comes to mind who seemingly improved the level in the 2nd set of mountains relative to the competition was Basso. Possible unfortunate implications abound.

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Im with most of you thinking AC dove into a blood bad yesterday, but im curious as to what you guys think his "recovery" program from the Giro was with all the testing im sure he's going through. If AC has ever riden somewhat clean hes probably closest right now.

May 26, 2009
Visit site
turtlesoup said:
Im with most of you thinking AC dove into a blood bad yesterday, but im curious as to what you guys think his "recovery" program from the Giro was with all the testing im sure he's going through. If AC has ever riden somewhat clean hes probably closest right now.

Can I just ask, do you think any other riders "dove into a blood bag"?

May 26, 2009
Visit site
roundabout said:
I don't think it's an issue of who is doping but rather who got the biggest boost from it on stage 16.

Thinking of the people who tried to do the double/raced for GC in both races the only one who comes to mind who seemingly improved the level in the 2nd set of mountains relative to the competition was Basso. Possible unfortunate implications abound.

Is it time to add Contador to that shortlist?

BullsFan22 said:
I don't know what Hushovd has been up to, but he just seems to get better by the day, and honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if we see him on the the attack again tomorrow.

I second that. It would be sooooo good if us Aussies could get something over the British. We lost the Ashes even. Not bad for sheep farmers and convicts

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
roundabout said:
It's a Contador fanboy whinging that his hero is being singled out.

Wrong. You can count me among those who think that if Evans can beat Contador (Opercion Puerto, Clenbuterol), Basso (sanctioned), etc. and Schleck, etc., he must also be eating Spanish beef. What I don't like is how the anti-doping sentiment aligns too strongly with unfortunate national stereotypes, usually completely unjustifiably.

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Paco_P said:
Wrong. You can count me among those who think that if Evans can beat Contador (Opercion Puerto, Clenbuterol), Basso (sanctioned), etc. and Schleck, etc., he must also be eating Spanish beef. What I don't like is how the anti-doping sentiment aligns too strongly with unfortunate national stereotypes, usually completely unjustifiably.

No, your perception of other people's anti-doping sentiments is what's biased. There is no conspiracy in the clinic to blame every Spanish rider for doping and absolve other nationalities. It's just that you feel every suspicion about a Spanish rider is a personal affront, while you don't even read the topics about non-Spanish riders that is giving you such a skewed perception.

Don't worry though, a lot of people have those sentiments when they're 14, most grow out of it.

Mar 10, 2009
www.rolfraehansen.com
greenedge said:
I second that. It would be sooooo good if us Aussies could get something over the British. We lost the Ashes even. Not bad for sheep farmers and convicts

You mean English, not British. You lost to the English at cricket. Aussies have a rivalry with the English, not the Scots, Welsh or Northern Irish. Us Scots have no rivals, except the English. :D

contadope -- second day in a row, complete and utter transformation from before and after the rest day.

when you add on top of that we know that he refilled on the last rest day last year.

i'm sure others are doing it too but clearly not as much or without the same benefits. right now i'm just hoping the guy who wins has nothing clinic-related (at least known) in his past.

voeckler is practically done.

Basso going backwards.

unless evans finds allies in the schlecks and uses them, he's going to have an awful hard time with this contador...

very smart move on cotadope's lawyers part to delay CAS hearings as long as possible. the more he wins the less the uci is going to want to push for disqualification.

TRENDING THREADS