• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Remco Evenepoel

Page 23 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Actually you're very much not. You're interpreting what you see. A "comforting" hand, a nod.Really? You want to pretend that people have been saying Bramati rushed down and emptied his pockets? Come off it, please.
Let me downvote this post.

I'm stating what you can see, followed by "as if" or "like". That is an interpretation, but not an assumption. If you don't know the difference between an interpretation and an assumption, that's on you.

UCI will release the results of the investigation shortly.

The cycling anti-doping organization CADF, independent of the International Cycling Union (UCI), must quickly make the conclusions of the investigation into Remco Evenepoel's crash in the Tour of Lombardy available. The president of the UCI, David Lappartient, insisted on this in a video conference with the Belgian media. He stressed that the UCI is especially vigilant about the transmission of data.

"The investigation is complete, they are finishing the report"

"The CADF has conducted a survey and also interviewed people. Since they are independent, I have no conclusions. Normally, the conclusions have to be quick," explained Lappartient. "The investigation has been completed, they are finishing the report. I don't have any more information at the moment."

Lappartient emphasizes that for the UCI the most important element would be the possible transmission of data during the race. "The goal of the UCI is to give all riders equal opportunities to ride. When data is sent, it must be shared publicly, as UCI rules are required."

Lappartient talks about physical parameters that indicate whether a rider is in good shape, such as wattages that are being pedaled, heart rate rhythms and other data that a team can use.

For the UCI president, Remco Evenepoel is "a great champion who we would like to see in competition again next year". "He won all the stage races he participated in this year. I hope the same for him next year".

In August, an investigation was opened into Evenepoel following images in which sports director Davide Bramati took an object from Evenepoel's back pocket after it had fallen. According to Deceuninck-Quick Step, it was a small bottle with nutritional supplements.

Let's update what Lappartient said. CN have a translation of parts of the interview. On the investigation:
"It is the CADF (Cycling Anti-Doping Foundation) that has been independently conducting that investigation," said Lappartient.

"All I know is that their work is done and that they will come back 'soon' with their findings. But I don't know what 'soon' means."
Possibly worth bearing in mind here that the CADF completed an investigation into Astana and nobody knew nothing about it until some naughty rascal leaked it during the UCI's spat with the CADF over the ITA.

UCI will release the results of the investigation shortly.

The cycling anti-doping organization CADF, independent of the International Cycling Union (UCI), must quickly make the conclusions of the investigation into Remco Evenepoel's crash in the Tour of Lombardy available. The president of the UCI, David Lappartient, insisted on this in a video conference with the Belgian media. He stressed that the UCI is especially vigilant about the transmission of data.

"The investigation is complete, they are finishing the report"

"The CADF has conducted a survey and also interviewed people. Since they are independent, I have no conclusions. Normally, the conclusions have to be quick," explained Lappartient. "The investigation has been completed, they are finishing the report. I don't have any more information at the moment."

Lappartient emphasizes that for the UCI the most important element would be the possible transmission of data during the race. "The goal of the UCI is to give all riders equal opportunities to ride. When data is sent, it must be shared publicly, as UCI rules are required."

Lappartient talks about physical parameters that indicate whether a rider is in good shape, such as wattages that are being pedaled, heart rate rhythms and other data that a team can use.

For the UCI president, Remco Evenepoel is "a great champion who we would like to see in competition again next year". "He won all the stage races he participated in this year. I hope the same for him next year".

In August, an investigation was opened into Evenepoel following images in which sports director Davide Bramati took an object from Evenepoel's back pocket after it had fallen. According to Deceuninck-Quick Step, it was a small bottle with nutritional supplements.
This fall in the same category as the UAE rider at the Giro trying to hide something. Or the Movistar mechanics trying to pick up the pieces of a broken bike. Lol.

Case closed:
"After having heard from all concerned persons, including the rider and the team representatives, the CADF concluded that no anti-doping violation was committed and considers the matter closed, unless new elements are subsequently brought to its attention," read a statement. The CADF would like to thank Mr Evenepoel, Mr Bramati and the Team Deceuninck-Quick Step for their collaboration throughout the investigation."

When they chucked the Froome case so many were screaming their heads off for the actual report to be released. They chuck the Evenapoel case and ... all is good in the world, it's the right decision, well done chaps, nothing to see here, move right along.

As has been said so many times, there's one rule for the riders we've got a hate on round here, there's other rules for the rest.

When they chucked the Froome case so many were screaming their heads off for the actual report to be released. They chuck the Evenapoel case and ... all is good in the world, it's the right decision, well done chaps, nothing to see here, move right along.

As has been said so many times, there's one rule for the riders we've got a hate on round here, there's other rules for the rest.
Because testing positive is the same as someone emptying your pocket. Makes sense.

And while your post is comically off-base, I will say that its obviously not in the UCI’s interest as the promotional body for the sport to go after a bright young superstar of the sport, and they are a wholly corrupt body. Nothing they do or say should be taken at face value.

But they had nothing. What are they going to do, ask really strenuously what was in the pocket? No really, what was it? No, come on guys, what did you really have in there? This was never going to go anywhere, whatever the truth of the matter because there was no hard evidence. Just suspicion, and that's not nearly enough.

Whereas with Froome, he was caught dead to rights doping.

Last edited:

Not commenting on Froome, but this "case" against Evenepoel was stupid as *** from the start. And I think I would have enough integrity to say the same thing if it happened to a rider I don't like.

But they had nothing. What are they going to do, ask really strenuously what was in the pocket? No really, what was it? No, come on guys, what did you really have in there?

Maybe they thought it was The One Ring, or something like that. Maybe they thought the reason Bramati was so quick to remove was that he knew that now someone else would have to deliver it to the slopes of Mount Doom, and bring an end to sock-meassuring.

as per the other comments above...he failed a test and, as the UCI haven't changed the rules, was and is still in breach of the rules...he was literally given a pass....in those circumstances it's quite right to ask to see why he was given a pass....

TRENDING THREADS