• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Result and nationality

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

I just read the result of the Classica San Sebastian and I see a lot of errors with the rider nationality:

Jorge Montenegro (Fra) Andalucia - Cajasur is Spanish
Marco Marzano (Fra) Lampre-Farnese Vini is Italian
Arthur Vichot (RSA) Française Des Jeux is French
Jan Bakelandts (Fra) Omega Pharma-Lotto is from Belgium

I would have hope that you use a db behind the website but apparently, you type everything?????? is it not a kind of nonsense?..
:confused::confused::confused:

NB: I read this website daily and I really appreciate it. I'm probably conditioned by my job: I'm an IT programmer.

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
Here are some more errors from today's report:

92 Andrey Kashechkin (USA) Lampre-Farnese Vini
85 Laurens Dam (Arg) Rabobank
72 Maxim Iglinskiy (Spa) Astana
71 Alan Pérez (Kaz) Euskaltel - Euskadi (Euskatel hiring Kazakhs now?)
89 Josep Jufré (Bel) Astana

It looks like the nationalities are off by one line starting at about 50th place.

Beech Mtn said:
Here are some more errors from today's report:

92 Andrey Kashechkin (USA) Lampre-Farnese Vini
85 Laurens Dam (Arg) Rabobank
72 Maxim Iglinskiy (Spa) Astana
71 Alan Pérez (Kaz) Euskaltel - Euskadi (Euskatel hiring Kazakhs now?)
89 Josep Jufré (Bel) Astana

It looks like the nationalities are off by one line starting at about 50th place.

This gets me thinking, who can we trade for Kashechkin?

laura.weislo

Administrator
Mar 4, 2009
Visit site
Sorry folks, my bad! The results come in in different columns - name, country, team, placing, time... the country code column suffered from a grievous copy/paste error that shifted country affiliations one row.

Actually, you probably missed a whole lot more "mistakes" considering that they were all wrong. I'm going to have to subtract points from you all for not catching every single one ;)

It's all been fixed. America, rest safe. Kashechkin isn't among your citizens.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
In the julian dean article which is about him doing the triple in the GT's, it says the commonwealth games in melbourne were in 1994! They were in 2006!