• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Ricco

Page 28 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I think this kid's dumbness have no bounds so he may just have been getting it for himself. HOWEVER if this is part of a network I say cut a deal with him. The rest of the network would be alot more interesting then him. Besides he will mess up again in 5 minutes.

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
T-Nielsen said:
I think this kid's dumbness have no bounds so he may just have been getting it for himself. HOWEVER if this is part of a network I say cut a deal with him. The rest of the network would be alot more interesting then him. Besides he will mess up again in 5 minutes.
A logical conclusion. But sometimes the authorities purposely cut the chain at the place where the remaining links will stay unaffected. In this case to prevent scandals during the race and send a message.
Or maybe he's just searching for attention... Reminding people on himself.
Anyway, he's a poison not the Cobra.

Spuggy-The-Clown-behind-bars-at-Perth-prison-1991-1412422-300x199.jpg

Maybe he can roid up and take the body builder route while behind bars.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
classicomano said:
After he is released he will probably resume his training for the Mt Ventoux record somewhere in Mexico.

Its really too bad though, I wouldve loved to see him rocket up the Ventoux with a 65% htc.

He should move to Tenerife and hire Leinders as a consultant to make sure he is prepared optimally. I would love to see that.

Seriously, who cares if Ricco juices on his past time. He is banned for life ffs. Give the guy a break.

Bavarianrider said:
Ok that's quiet ridicilous.
Picking out Ricco when there are tenthousands who do the same.

Just because there are others who do the same it doesn't mean Riccò should not be picked. I say pick Riccò and all the others as well.

Should have chosen a meeting point outside the border. Jail time baby.

May 30, 2013
Visit site
IMHO:
Ricco is a strange, strange mixture of drive, work ethic, pride, & a boatload of defiance. I've been following his Twitter account for a long while, and it's like the more he's told he can't do something, the more determined he is to do it. The Gran Fondos he was banned from riding in...and he sneaked in anyway. And he alternates between poking self-deprecating fun at his doping past and flaunting it to people who tweet snarky comments about it to him. He has been training and training and training now for, what, two years? Working amazingly hard on his fitness. And for what purpose, really? He has this incredible drive that he doesn't know what to do with. I think, in his mind, he is still among the best, and by God, he's going to prove it to the world to his dying day.

His comment about Horner winning the Vuelta is telling: Se horner vince a 42 anni ho ancora delle possibilità di rientrare e forse ( molto probabilmente) vincere
"If horner wins at 42 years old I still have the possibility to come back and maybe (probably) win"
Sounds like he's partially poking fun at himself and partially keeping it in the back of his mind as a real possibility.

The latest bust? I think he desperately wanted to set a climbing record, even risking a dope bust rather than to fail on Mt. Ventoux.

seems like riccardo ricco is the only target for coni in the last 5 years...pathetic

if it wasn't above 1000 ampoules of epo and 60 patches of testo, than it's for personal use. because that's around what it takes to break ventoux record.

he looks damn fit, he was training a lot
BmNJiC-IYAA3BQJ.jpg

Ricco is the analogue of Berslusconi in this country: you can be condemned at court and still have supporters. And it is vexing, because the masses, perhaps not completely cynically, don't believe in the judicial institution. However insane.

TRENDING THREADS