• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Ricco

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I think one of the reasons Riccò was sacked by Vacansoleil is the team's PT license in risk.Vac signed Riccò and Mosquera,when something happened,the UCI threaten reconsider Vac's PT license.

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
Nah, if he were Charlie Sheen then he would by moaning about how CBS is starving his family even though he spent the last few years making $2 million a week.

He's still making that money on residuals...but he and Ricco share an interesting view of actual events and their importance. Maybe Ricco will start selling "Duh-Winning Ricco" t-shirts.

craig1985 said:
rhubroma, maybe you know more then more me (and this is directed to everybody else), but I have to take issue with the fact that Riccò denies the fact the blood doped, if that wasn't the case, why was he sacked by Vacansoleil, who signed Riccò, so they can ride the Giro? I don't think they would fire him for no reason, so something, surely must of been going on, for them to take that course of action to their prize recruit.

Sorry, but I think Riccò is full of ****. Especially his when one takes into account with his rep as an amateur.

Personally I don't know, but he did not seem to happy about his (former) team in that interview either - so maybe they were more concerned about their own position than finding out the truth (not saying he is telling the truth, just that it's probably not what Vac are concerned about).

He might be full of it, he might actually for once be telling (something along the lines of) the truth - don't care much. I'm just happy that some poor sucker didn't lose his life whether it's due to transfusion or "regular health problems" and that he's (hopefully) moving on in his life.

What I noticed, though, is that his demeanor in this interview seems completely different to interviews I've read from when he was on his "break". This guy sounds down to earth, the other was just high above all else...

May 13, 2009
Visit site
thirteen said:
being entirely selfish, i am sad that we won't get to see him racing any more.

whatever his personality off the bike, i found him entertaining on it. he had spirit and hubris, and was a joy to watch. he didn't play the game by the rules so you never truly knew what he was going to do.

i don't know the truth behind his last episode, but i find it distasteful how some are heaping on the hate. Riccò is no better or worse than many in the peloton. he may be stupid and an a$$, but that is no reason to wish him ill (or make him a whipping boy as all the über LA fans seem to be doing).

i wish him well in his new life... but i will miss him as a rider.

there! i said it. flame away :D

Yep instead we are going to be watching a bunch of druggies race the Giro and TDF who are not as exciting or fun to watch as this guy.

I don't get it why everyone likes to smite the guy when he is down. Yes the guy cheated like all of you cheat when you are doing 60 on a 40 street or browse and post garbage on cyclenews forum from office when you should be working.

Hypocrites :eek:

Personally, I would love to sit down and have a few drinks with Ricco, and if I am in Modena...I'll visit his bar.

I can't stand his wife though...:D

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
indurain666 said:
Yep instead we are going to be watching a bunch of druggies race the Giro and TDF who are not as exciting or fun to watch as this guy.

I don't get it why everyone likes to smite the guy when he is down. Yes the guy cheated like all of you cheat when you are doing 60 on a 40 street or browse and post garbage on cyclenews forum from office when you should be working.

Hypocrites :eek:

Personally, I would love to sit down and have a few drinks with Ricco, and if I am in Modena...I'll visit his bar.

I can't stand his wife though...:D

That metaphor may be a bit of a stretch...

craig1985 said:
rhubroma, maybe you know more then more me (and this is directed to everybody else), but I have to take issue with the fact that Riccò denies the fact the blood doped, if that wasn't the case, why was he sacked by Vacansoleil, who signed Riccò, so they can ride the Giro? I don't think they would fire him for no reason, so something, surely must of been going on, for them to take that course of action to their prize recruit.

Sorry, but I think Riccò is full of ****. Especially his when one takes into account with his rep as an amateur.

I don't know any more than you.

The strange thing is that Riccò isn't putting up a fight, which would seem to indicate a tacit admission of guilt. On the other hand he has denied the doctor's account.

At this point, I can only conclude that he's full of it. And it is not easy to feel anything but indignation before his persona at this point.

However I still feel that he's not alone in being full of it, but unfortunately the entire sport. That he's a devil among angels (of course I'm purposefully exaggerating), therefore, has never been a viewpoint I've shared.

Yeahright

BANNED
Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Orinda8 said:
so he wants to work as a barista now;would you trust him to make your drinks???:mad:

Well you would probably get a real caffeine hit!

The guy couldn't lie straight in bed. The sooner the little creep fades into well deserved obscurity the better.

A

Anonymous

Smoothie Company reveal exclusive rider sponsorship deal for 2011
2drf7nc.png

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
did he test positive for anything?

with other recent "positive" riders still on the road he has as much right to race as any one else.

plus he makes it more interesting :)

bigloco said:
did he test positive for anything?

with other recent "positive" riders still on the road he has as much right to race as any one else.

plus he makes it more interesting :)

Well, he did reportedly confess to a blood transfusion and that was at a time his life was in danger so it's not a likely situarion or even something one would lie about.

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
Alpe d'Huez said:
Hilarous. I looked at the calendar and expected it to be April 1.

What's next for him, an attempt at being the head of the UCI.

Why not? The show would be more entertaining with him in charge.

I hope he does find a team to ride with. I wish this had all been in time for him to win the Giro.

GJB123 said:
Well I haven't seen it on Cyclingnews yet, but Dutch newspapers are reporting thar Ricco declared himself completely innocent at the CONI-hearing and is by the way actively seeking a return to professional cycling at the same time. Talking about being persistent! :rolleyes:

EDIT: there it is.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/ricco-wants-to-make-a-comeback

Regards
GJ

Shouldn't you be denouncing the rumors and defending his right to ride?

Instead it seems he got the rolleyes treatment.

Not fair.

:(

TRENDING THREADS