• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Richie Porte - what do we know about him?

Page 44 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 7, 2013
Visit site
Dear Wiggo said:
Wurf said - some races are really hard, due to the constant attacking and surging, then there's the races where the GC Sky team are there, and you just look at your SRM and know what to expect.

ie they are going to hit the limit then just sit there, for the rest of the climb.

Why the friggin feck would Wurf lie about that?

No reason.

On the other hand though, why would Porte lie about not being able to read the SRM monitor?
Pretty tick for tack, maybe just a sign of him getting frustrated at being called boring

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
richard_91 said:
On the other hand though, why would Porte lie about not being able to read the SRM monitor?
Pretty tick for tack, maybe just a sign of him getting frustrated at being called boring

He doesn't need to lie - the racing is predictable with or without SRMs. Hit the limit then stay there for the rest of the climb.

Porte's argument is the racing was not predicable because
1. the TV cmaeras interfered with the SRM
2. he and Froome attacked a couple of times, dropping everyone.

BYOP88 said:
Seems little Richie needs some anger management classes. Maybe there is yardage in that 'Napoleon complex' thing.

Roid rage lol

Btw wasn't Richieborg rambling about this a while back as well? And why the hell does he call Froome Froomie all the time? Skyborgs don't have first names? Perhaps we should call Richieborg Portie.

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
LaFlorecita said:
Roid rage lol

Btw wasn't Richieborg rambling about this a while back as well? And why the hell does he call Froome Froomie all the time? Skyborgs don't have first names? Perhaps we should call Richieborg Portie.

It's a very common event to shorten or use someone's last name and add "ie or y" to the end of it. Esp when you have multiple Johns or Chris' in the peer group.

It's a term of endearment. I really don't think Porte will ride for Wiggins over Froome.

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Portie is only saying the SRM's couldnt be read by the DS in the car due to the TV cameras [ in fact, it was due to the horrendous wheather, if true ], which is complete BS. That DS then couldnt give Froomie the 'GO GO GO signal' on his bike's SRM.

So Portie actually proves the point of the boredom here.

No way in hell their SRM's on the bike were not working, or were there more tv camera's in Romandie than in the Tour, the Giro?

Dear Wiggo said:
It's a very common event to shorten or use someone's last name and add "ie or y" to the end of it. Esp when you have multiple Johns or Chris' in the peer group.

It's a term of endearment. I really don't think Porte will ride for Wiggins over Froome.

It must be a british thing. It sounds weird to me and not like a term of endearment at all. It sounds like he's talking about his dog :)D)

Anyway the SRM thing is the same BS we've heard before.

Note to Portie: an attack doesn't make racing unpredictable when the attack and its result is predictable.

Dear Wiggo said:

It's very uncouth.

I much prefer when the Dawg calls Wiggins "Bradley".

Porte is bringing down team Sky to his Colonial ways.

Sir Dave needs to send Richie to finishing school. Get that boy an education.

Jun 13, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
Crikey. This is what happens when you drink VB.

You can get it jumpin'
You can get it pumpin'
You can get it pressin' a suit

A hard earned thirst needs a big cold beer
And the best cold beer is VIC
A LONG COLD VIC

You can get it liftin'
You can get it shiftin'
You can get it any old how

Matter o' fact, I got it now
VICTORIA BITTER!