• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Richie Porte - what do we know about him?

Page 45 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

iZnoGouD

BANNED
Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
thehog said:
It's odd that a guy who on form could win GTs and one day races wants to stay at Sky.

Why?

He's thick me believes.

Because Sky is the best team in the world?They are the only team that look after riders, they know everything they do, and the body react to training, how the diet is going they even have a top psychiatrist to help them get to best state of mind when things aren't going the right way.

It would be really stupid to leave the only team that could get him to the very top of the sport

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
iZnoGouD said:
Because Sky is the best team in the world?They are the only team that look after riders, they know everything they do, and the body react to training, how the diet is going they even have a top psychiatrist to help them get to best state of mind when things aren't going the right way.

It would be really stupid to leave the only team that could get him to the very top of the sport

They even have a real SKY technician (from the broadcasting station, a real expert i have heard) who is working hard to resolve that nasty camera-srm interference issue.

Bala Verde said:
They even have a real SKY technician (from the broadcasting station, a real expert i have heard) who is working hard to resolve that nasty camera-srm interference issue.

Its a big issue. Despite the fact that riders can communicate wirelessly with the team car with no interference. The technicians haven't been able to crack this SRM nut. It's baffling scientists all over the world. Just as soon as cold fusion is created the best minds will get onto the SRM-conundrum.

Do you get the feeling that Team Sky are playing tricks on thick Rich? They take the batteries out of his SRM and tell him it's not working due to interference.

iZnoGouD said:

You're right. They are the only team that "look after" their riders.

Systematic internal team training. Looking after each rider.

Got it :rolleyes:

Sounds like the diet is good at Team Sky. The body react good.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
thehog said:
Out working the other teams?

Trying to figure out how to beat the radio waves interfering with SRM equipment in a controlled environment such as a windtunnel, finetuning high cadence, while strapped in a cooling vest, followed by a healthy warm down session and snacking on gluten free rice cakes and beetroot juice.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
I had lunch with Richie last week. I would be the last person a doper would want to hang out with.

I found him very open, direct, and confident. He was clearly very passionate about the sport and his team. I asked a lot of questions and he gave me very direct, non-evasive, answers. I have had the same discussion with dozens of riders over the years but few have been as direct as Richie.

Race Radio said:
I had lunch with Richie last week. I would be the last person a doper would want to hang out with.

I found him very open, direct, and confident. He was clearly very passionate about the sport and his team. I asked a lot of questions and he gave me very direct, non-evasive, answers. I have had the same discussion with dozens of riders over the years but few have been as direct as Richie.

well, that settles it. Porte is clean.

Puffy Cheeks will seek you out later for a Q&A session.