• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Rigoberto Uran discussion thread.

Page 61 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
What???? That's ESPN the narrator is Mario Sábato from Argentina, the commentator is Oscar "Trapito" Restrepo... football journo who moved to Miami around 10 years ago.

You may like it once in a while but having to deal with it day and day out... it's worse than Kirby.

Thanks god I can understand more languages

Well there it is. Best sportsman of the year according to the Espectador newspaper.

It wasn't like the was too much fight this year. Still very good for him and the resurgence of his career.

http://www.revistamundociclistico.com/ruta/24555-rigoberto-uran-el-deportista-del-ano-fernando-gaviria-en-el-podio-de-los-elegidos-.html

Rigoberto-Uran-Fdo-Gaviria%20%20%20720.jpg

I'm going to type the same thing about RU that I just typed about Bardet: I'm hoping for at least five GC guys to kick the crap out of each other, and he is one of the guys who can mix it up at the front. I hope that his legs are good and that his mind is on fight mode. RU has a history of better TTs than Romain, but as of the last few years his TTs are a little less dependable.

DBotero said:
On paper the GC battle should be way harder than last year so a podium place might be hard to achieve.A top 5 looks possible,higher placing not without a great TTT/TT.

Interesting though there is hardly any talk about him after hitting the podium last year but the field this year looks even harder. Not much being said about Bardet either. I get the feeling that most journalists seem to really only give Quintana or Porte any chance of beating Froome. Very open race I think.

I'm slightly worried by what Uran has shown on stages 5 and 6. Mur de Bretagne should suit him, he finished 3rd there in 2011. But even on yesterday's finish he seemed to ride too far behind for a podium contender and risked losing seconds already. Looks like he might not be in as good form as last year.

Re:

Anderis said:
I'm slightly worried by what Uran has shown on stages 5 and 6. Mur de Bretagne should suit him, he finished 3rd there in 2011. But even on yesterday's finish he seemed to ride too far behind for a podium contender and risked losing seconds already. Looks like he might not be in as good form as last year.
Same here, he should have been upthere, maybe not for the win or bonus seconds (as there are good puncheurs like Bala, Martin, Ala, etc..) but enough to be in the leading group.
But the performance so far has been good... I wonder if he decided to start the race on the heavier side

He's done for this tour.. Maybe he can stage hunt in the Pyrenees.

In Slovenia he hanged and sprinted for one HTF, but lost Roglic's wheel in the next stage.
In the two HTF in this TdF, he only hanged and even lost 8 seconds in his preferred terrain.
His TTT was very strong but wasn't able to catch Landa's group in Roubaix stage.

Now he's dropping very early even before GVA. I don't think he's injured from the crash... He must be ill or he messed his preparation.

TRENDING THREADS