• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Rigoberto Uran discussion thread.

Page 63 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
On Colombian television yesterday in an interview he said that his wife and his Mom wanted him to retire after seeing him on the Hospital bed. He has had a number of accidents in the past and his loved ones were very concerned about it. He decided otherwise because he didn't want to make decisions while in the hospital. Additionally he said that he was still climbing with the best and felt that he could give a bit more. However if things don't go right this year he might retire at the end of 2020.
He is already a business man in Colombia so the decision might not be that hard.

On Colombian television yesterday in an interview he said that his wife and his Mom wanted him to retire after seeing him on the Hospital bed. He has had a number of accidents in the past and his loved ones were very concerned about it. He decided otherwise because he didn't want to make decisions while in the hospital. Additionally he said that he was still climbing with the best and felt that he could give a bit more. However if things don't go right this year he might retire at the end of 2020.
He is already a business man in Colombia so the decision might not be that hard.
When will he return to races?

He is back!
EQMJswrXsAALvI3

Only the good retire young...
Seriously, his record of crashes, bad luck and weird situations is very impressive by now and enough for a fully lived career, and it does not look like he will be back to the 2017 level. So I hope he does have some fun in the remaining time, but it's not really surprising he's thinking about retirement.

Reactions: Escarabajo
Only the good retire young...
Seriously, his record of crashes, bad luck and weird situations is very impressive by now and enough for a fully lived career, and it does not look like he will be back to the 2017 level. So I hope he does have some fun in the remaining time, but it's not really surprising he's thinking about retirement.

No, but he did begin his career really, really early and won ProTour stages as a 20-year-old. So he has been around a long time.

For those who don't understand Spanish he says he was doing a TT training at 45KPH when his assistant mentioned he had someone on his wheel. He thought it was a fully aero equipped rider, but was surprised when he saw him, so he did a quick interview.
And yesterday, Rigo got Ivan (worker's first name) a free day from his work, took him to one of his stores Gorigogo, gifted him a bike, dressed him up , and put him in a Zwift event.
On one side, Rigo's human qualities and warmth are way beyond the standards, even for Paisas as people for his region are renowned for being generous, social and extroverted.
On the other, if anyone knows how to use social media is Rigo.

Rigoberto Zubelran up to 3rd in GC, who would have thought before the race!

Unfortunately, I don't think the 3rd week suits him very well and a few riders seem to be on an upwards trend compared to him so it will be difficult to keep the podium until Paris. But it's still remarkable that he is where he is, honestly I had thought that after his 2019 Vuelta crash he would never get at TdF podium level again and certainly not just having ridden only 2 races since that crash!

He should be always given just one year contracts because the previous "contract year" for him was 2017 and you know what happened. :)

I told you guys that he would win this Tour! :D

You just didn't want to believe me.

Never in my life I thought he would be in this position. And he always gets his high placings by attrition. Because he just doesn't attack. Is incredible that he hides behind everyone and he is now third. I now that he has always been a big talent but still!!

I have seen too many weird things this year so anything can happen. Strange as it sounds.

TRENDING THREADS