• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Robert Millar - Stitched Up? A Woman?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
A

Anonymous

Mellow Velo said:
He's out there, elsewhere and posting.

Its good to see he is still getting involved.. There where a few emails from him to eurosport during the tour last year as well..

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:
Its good to see he is still getting involved.. There where a few emails from him to eurosport during the tour last year as well..

I really think this thread is in poor taste.

He's not putting himself in advertising campaigns or making money from his reputation, so I think his private life should be out of bounds on this forum.

AFAIK Robert Millar is keeping under the radar, and very occasionally writes some informative posts on another forum. Let's just let someone who doesn't want to be found remain out of the limelight.

(Lastly, I think Zootemelk is the last person who should be criticising someone for coming second).

A

Anonymous

Runitout said:
I really think this thread is in poor taste.

He's not putting himself in advertising campaigns or making money from his reputation, so I think his private life should be out of bounds on this forum.

AFAIK Robert Millar is keeping under the radar, and very occasionally writes some informative posts on another forum. Let's just let someone who doesn't want to be found remain out of the limelight.

(Lastly, I think Zootemelk is the last person who should be criticising someone for coming second).

And if you look at my OP it did question his whereabouts but the bigger question really was the vuelta..

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Robert Millar - Stitched Up? A Woman?
So what ever happened to him.. is he really living as a woman in dorset (he did have long hair and an earing)..

You know what, this is immature idle gossip.

I grew up in the gay mecca San Francisco, where gay liberation boomed.

I turned out straight but if someone chooses an identity and is comfortable with it good on them.

Give R.M. some respect. I've been taking care of my kids and working and I am just to tired to tell you what time it is.

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
Zoetemelk should shut his mouth. Millar could ride.

OK he supposedly lives in my county Hampshire as a woman - probably goes around in a polka dot dress but so what the guy was a legend. Stephen Roche and Rober millar got me into cycling in the first place with their exploits in the TDF, and both ended getting stitched up in various races, but these things happen.

Sep 23, 2009
Visit site
Pot Belgique said:
Well said Irish, one of...if not THE best bike rider these shores have ever produced. Enigmatic but extremely talented, without doubt one of the very few riders I would put into the 'hero' bracket.:cool:

Wherever he is, and whatever his circumstances, he surely deserves better than having a bunch of morons shooting the s**t about his sexuality and dredging up bitter and twisted quotes from riders who should show a bit more respect.:mad:

There, rant over.......and if that makes me a Millar 'fan boy' or whatever then so be it.....I'm guilty as charged:)

And you know why they are shooting the **** like that,well that ones easy, because they are just a little bit worried about their own situations, what some times appears to cause their plumbing to breakdown, with the onset of penile rigor mortis, is of course, any ones dress.

The shame felt is quite easily so done and without any regard for others, in this case Robert, transferred onto him so as to gain a slight relief from the ongoing fighting of the demon that ocuppies them, namely themself. You all know who you are, but no doubt the how dare you brigade will be out screaming in the morning or whatever it is you do when threatened by the truth, which will always find you out anyway. It's called Life, try living yours , rather than inventing one for some one else, brilliant as he was , who did not care for others opinions and the same type of losers that are popping up on this thread, spread malicious, slanderous head ****ing gossip to make up for the fact that they had no bottle back then when he dismissed them, still have none today, why do I bother?

What a bif amount of inculture for a lot of people.

A transexual is a person who born with the wrong body. A girl with the body of a man can be the best cyclist of the world, and to be transexual is anything to be ashamed of, it is just bad luck becouse you have to change your phisical sex to have your true sex with the correct body, but they dont change the sex, they are always a woman or a man.

I am happy the forum allow to talk about this, I see they are very serious with the off topics, wich I find kinda unnecessary.

For the sport, anyway, Robert was a man, becouse is the body that counts, and he was a legend, and a big rival of my idol Pedro Delgado, who needed to play bad in the Vuelta to win him.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Ferminal said:
Agreed with Taxus... don't understand the bump though!?

Came up again in a recent discussion in the Andy Schleck thread, because someone posted an old video where he comments on Robert Millar and his sex change

Taxus4a said:

A transexual is a person who born with the wrong body. A girl with the body of a man can be the best cyclist of the world, and to be transexual is anything to be ashamed of, it is just bad luck becouse you have to change your phisical sex to have your true sex with the correct body, but they dont change the sex, they are always a woman or a man.

I am happy the forum allow to talk about this, I see they are very serious with the off topics, wich I find kinda unnecessary.

For the sport, anyway, Robert was a man, becouse is the body that counts, and he was a legend, and a big rival of my idol Pedro Delgado, who needed to play bad in the Vuelta to win him.

Almodovar agrees with you I'm sure !

Taxus4a said:

LaFlorecita said:
Lol

You think it is Flor?

_______

That doesn't change anything i guess, in case its true.

TRENDING THREADS