• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Roman Kreuziger Discussion Thread

Page 16 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Didn't go well today and one probably can't completely blame his injury. Hope he recovers and is there for Contador, who probably won't need him though.

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Roman had problems with gluteus maximus muscles, or how it's called in English. Probably pulled (I don't how it's called in english), or maybe even rupture. That's why he couldn't pedal yesterday. Hope he gets better, because that's one of the worst body parts cyclist can injure. Shame shame, it could be much better for Contador and him now.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Re:

rm7 said:
He'll probably be banned in June.

Anybody knows how long his ban will be?

And since the bio pass problems, he haven't been the same GT rider. It's like he hasn't been training for GT's with climbing and TT, but have done more training for 1 stage races, where he have improved.

2 years.

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Re: Re:

Jelantik said:
rm7 said:
He'll probably be banned in June.

Anybody knows how long his ban will be?

And since the bio pass problems, he haven't been the same GT rider. It's like he hasn't been training for GT's with climbing and TT, but have done more training for 1 stage races, where he have improved.

2 years.
Or 4.

HelloDolly said:
Netserk said:
It'll be a backdated 2 year ban, I think, so he will be able to ride the Vuelta next year.

Oleg Tinkov is on record as saying anyone found guilty of a doping infringement will be sacked for the team...I presume that includes Roman Kreuziger

Or rnaybe Oleg Tinkov does not keep his word
I'm quite sure he has said that is only for riders who has been found to be doping on his team. Otherwise having Alberto wouldn't make sense. Nor Basso. Kreuziger's problematic values are from his Astana time, so I don't see why he shouldn't be able to come back with Tinkoff after a possible ban.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Re:

Velolover2 said:
Who do you think will be the replacement for Kreuziger in 2015 if he gets banned?

They need some better climbers for Alberto than old Basso and buddy Hernandez. I'd buy at least 3 new climbers.

with TS is always crap shoot. Who's the last climber they bought? Kiserlovski? They got so many medium mountain and flat domestique in their roaster. Besides Olga likes to buy shinny toys like Sagan. They could buy 4 climbers with Sagan salary alone. Now Olga is whining over Sagan no classic win.

rm7

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
Re:

Velolover2 said:
Who do you think will be the replacement for Kreuziger in 2015 if he gets banned?

They need some better climbers for Alberto than old Basso and buddy Hernandez. I'd buy at least 3 new climbers.

I think they should get Uran if Contador is serious about retiring after next year. Then next year, they'll have Uran for the Giro/Tour(dom), and Contador/Majka for the Tour and Vuelta.

I think Majka can live with one year as super dom, and maybe leadership in Vuelta, if he knows he'll be the Tinkoff Saxo captain in Tour 2017.

Contador really needs a stronger team, and with Majka, Uran, Rodgers and Kiserlovski in the mountains next year he'll be fine.

But I agree that they really need some good climbers in the team.

I hope Kreuziger returns to tinkoff saxo after his suspension, which should be backdated. He is a super dom and good for ardennes.

rm7 said:
Velolover2 said:

I think they should get Uran if Contador is serious about retiring after next year. Then next year, they'll have Uran for the Giro/Tour(dom), and Contador/Majka for the Tour and Vuelta.

I think Majka can live with one year as super dom, and maybe leadership in Vuelta, if he knows he'll be the Tinkoff Saxo captain in Tour 2017.

Contador really needs a stronger team, and with Majka, Uran, Rodgers and Kiserlovski in the mountains next year he'll be fine.

But I agree that they really need some good climbers in the team.

I hope Kreuziger returns to tinkoff saxo after his suspension, which should be backdated. He is a super dom and good for ardennes.
Majka has not shown himself yet to be the big 4 league. Given Olga penchant for TS being the best team, that would hardly do.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site

Jelantik said:
Velolover2 said:

with TS is always crap shoot. Who's the last climber they bought? Kiserlovski? They got so many medium mountain and flat domestique in their roaster. Besides Olga likes to buy shinny toys like Sagan. They could buy 4 climbers with Sagan salary alone. Now Olga is whining over Sagan no classic win.
Sagan will be the most important 'domestique'(excluding high mountain) for AC at tour, mark my words.He can do beastful stuff. ;)

Netserk said:
HelloDolly said:
Netserk said:
It'll be a backdated 2 year ban, I think, so he will be able to ride the Vuelta next year.

Oleg Tinkov is on record as saying anyone found guilty of a doping infringement will be sacked for the team...I presume that includes Roman Kreuziger

Or rnaybe Oleg Tinkov does not keep his word
I'm quite sure he has said that is only for riders who has been found to be doping on his team. Otherwise having Alberto wouldn't make sense. Nor Basso. Kreuziger's problematic values are from his Astana time, so I don't see why he shouldn't be able to come back with Tinkoff after a possible ban.

That was for anyone found guilty of doping ...full stop ....its the time of guilt/suspension
He said he was signed up to clean cycling
You can't have it any way you want

As for signing new climbers Tinkov will have to get out his cheque book and hope for the ebst as not many rider will want to sign for TCS given Tinkov attitude to riders especially in public

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Re:

rm7 said:
He did only two GT after BP problems, one of them wasTour de France 2013, which was arguably his best GT.

Good point, in recent inteview he has said that he really didn't train for mountains adn stage race, more for shorter efforst on hills for 1 day races. Also he said he lacks race days in stage races.

In Tour, he'll be better there.

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Tomorrow decent work for Contador, not too good though, but he managed to reduce group to the core before hand it over to Majka. It looked like he hurt even Majka, who than managed to get rid of nobody and his effort lasted for two and half minutes only...and even Barguil was able to came back temporarily, when Majka was pulling. Not good from Majka.

rm7

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
Can't really blame him for not being on top of his game.

Big battle with UCI... everybody thought he was going to be banned, probably also himself since he was riding the Giro. Ardenner-Giro-Tour.. too much.

Now that he's been cleared, I hope to see the old Kreuziger again. He said that he haven't been training on his climbing and TT skills. I expect him to do that again, so we can see Kreuziger Tour 2013/ spring 2014 again next year. Doing the same build up with Contador in spring, riding classics as captain and then Tour 2015.

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Re:

rm7 said:
Can't really blame him for not being on top of his game.

Big battle with UCI... everybody thought he was going to be banned, probably also himself since he was riding the Giro. Ardenner-Giro-Tour.. too much.

Now that he's been cleared, I hope to see the old Kreuziger again. He said that he haven't been training on his climbing and TT skills. I expect him to do that again, so we can see Kreuziger Tour 2013/ spring 2014 again next year. Doing the same build up with Contador in spring, riding classics as captain and then Tour 2015.
Yeah, looking forward to see him roll over thaj Majkagoist.

Roman Kreuziger discussion

Roman's season plan:

Ruta Del Sol
Strade Bianche
Tirreno-Adriatico

Milano-San Remo

Tour of Basque Country

Amstel Gold Race
La Flèche Wallonne
Liège–Bastogne–Liège

high allitude training camp

Tour de Suisse

Czech Republic Road Championship

Tour de France

Olmypic Games RR

I hope we're gonna see him in 2013 shape!

Re:

ak-zaaf said:
I think this discussion could be about riders who would actually be able to win a GT this year. There aren't that many and don't think Kreuziger is one of them yet.

Contador, Schleck, Basso, Nibali, S Sanchez, Menchov, maybe Anton or even Ricco...
A lot depends on Contador's ban length and if Menchov will stay at Geox..
Found this on the first page, in 2011.
Scarponi, Evans and Cobo. Who woulda known!

Valv.Piti said:
ak-zaaf said:
I think this discussion could be about riders who would actually be able to win a GT this year. There aren't that many and don't think Kreuziger is one of them yet.

Contador, Schleck, Basso, Nibali, S Sanchez, Menchov, maybe Anton or even Ricco...
A lot depends on Contador's ban length and if Menchov will stay at Geox..
Found this on the first page, in 2011.
Scarponi, Evans and Cobo. Who woulda known!

Scarponi never won a GT though, I am pretty sure that he does not even consider himself as a Giro winner

rm7

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
So excited to see him again!

Anybody knows if he has been training his mountain/TT skills over the winter?

Didn't think he was in bad shape last year, but definitely more of a classic rider than a GT/mountain guy. Hope he goes back to the 2013 and 2014 routine.

Re:

rm7 said:
So excited to see him again!

Anybody knows if he has been training his mountain/TT skills over the winter?

Didn't think he was in bad shape last year, but definitely more of a classic rider than a GT/mountain guy. Hope he goes back to the 2013 and 2014 routine.
Dunno about TT, but he spent a month on canary islands. He said that the distances he jas ridden as well as climbing he has done equals a GT, so I wouls say the goal really is 2013 form.

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Bennati, Daniele
Kreuziger, Roman
Sagan, Peter
Petrov, Evgeni
Gatto, Oscar
Bodnar, Maciej
Boaro, Manuele
Blythe, Adam

Not much support support for mountains for Kreuziger. TTT should be good though. Nothing will help if he won't improve time trial a bit. At least no Majka, who previously figured on startlist.

TRENDING THREADS