• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Roman Kreuziger Discussion Thread

Page 17 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Kokoso said:
Bennati, Daniele
Kreuziger, Roman
Sagan, Peter
Petrov, Evgeni
Gatto, Oscar
Bodnar, Maciej
Boaro, Manuele
Blythe, Adam

Not much support support for mountains for Kreuziger. TTT should be good though. Nothing will help if he won't improve time trial a bit. At least no Majka, who previously figured on startlist.
Stage 2 is a punchy uphill finish and Monte san Vicino on stage 5 is the only really hard road stage, so it shouldn't be a huge problem for him, if he's in shape.

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Mayomaniac said:
Stage 2 is a punchy uphill finish and Monte san Vicino on stage 5 is the only really hard road stage, so it shouldn't be a huge problem for him, if he's in shape.
As you say, certainly neither huge problem, nor advantage though. Compare with Astana, Sky or Movistar teams... I don't know if he can lose it because of team. Maybe yes. It can make small, but important part? Idk. I hope to see something like 2014 T-A shape, but better TT. He's often underperforming in TTs.

He got little better with punchy climbs, but that can be lost this year.

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Spring campaign is over, or almost over. After decent start to the season in Ruta del Sol, where he beat amongst others Poels, who was fully on the move by the time, T-A followed where cancelling of the mountain stage surely hurt his chances where he would climb up GC if not for that. ITT was as usual for him, maybe in the upper part of his TTs there. Shame he was ill for Strade Bianche where he usually does well and could complement Sagan nicely. Than Tour de Basque country after illness - all for Alberto with best possible end for the team. Ardennes came, shape was gradually improving towards LBL. After two editions where he unsuccesfully attacked this this time team orders were not to attack what he did but couldn't find rhythm on the cobbled hill, 7th place is good, but nothing much. So rather unsuccesful Ardennes. Maybe full confidence of the team was missing. Amstel I think he didn't try to attack all out because plan could be he will work for Valgren and that could be good choice, maybe if it was for Kreuziger at the end he'd be where Valgren was, who knows. Majka who Roman requested for LBL was useless, wrong place at wrong time, we know the result. Anyway maybe that was good for if Majka was there who knows how it would end up. Next is Tour de Suisse where maybe Kreuziger should be sole leader of the team, so I'm full of expectations as I always enjoyed GC battle stage races more then one day races. :)
Edit. I wonder what are his chances in the mountains in age of ultra-skinny Froomeor Poels-like robots, altitude-native or trunk-like legged overhyped Colombians and corticosteroids fed Tatars :)

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Re:

jens_attacks said:
he has as many chances as any hypothyroidism czech-patients, of course.
That's true, hypothyroidism isn't doing any favour performance-wise. Being Czech, I don't know. Except for Colombians I'd say nationality doesn't matter.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Re: Re:

Kokoso said:
jens_attacks said:
That's true, hypothyroidism isn't doing any favour performance-wise. Being Czech, I don't know. Except for Colombians I'd say nationality doesn't matter.
I think Jens meant that as a reaction to your trolling of Zaka :p

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site

ILovecycling said:
Kokoso said:
jens_attacks said:
I think Jens meant that as a reaction to your trolling of Zaka :p
I thought Zaka had positive test and ban for steroids? :confused:

rm7

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
He has definitely not shown his 2013 and spring 2014 mountain form.. At that time he was always with Contador when there were only 7-8 riders left.

I'm not sure if its only because of illness, but he was also very bad last years Giro and Tour. His ardenner form seems fine as always.

Last year he had the excuse that he had the doping case over his head, but this year he have to step it up a level in the Tour.

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
Re:

rm7 said:
He has definitely not shown his 2013 and spring 2014 mountain form.. At that time he was always with Contador when there were only 7-8 riders left.

I'm not sure if its only because of illness, but he was also very bad last years Giro and Tour. His ardenner form seems fine as always.

Last year he had the excuse that he had the doping case over his head, but this year he have to step it up a level in the Tour.

I dont want to write a clinic worthy post, but I think he may never be the same ... since he was forced to tone it down.

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Re:

[quote="rm7"At that time he was always with Contador when there were only 7-8 riders left. [/quote]
Since this was never true for País Vasco and that was only opportunity to compare this spring, I don't now how you figured out that didn't have that climbing form od 2013, 2014. Only climbing occasion this year was Ruta del Sol and he did pretty well there.

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.jpg

Jancouver said:
rm7 said:

I dont want to write a clinic worthy post, but I think he may never be the same ... since he was forced to tone it down.
bingo

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site

glassmoon said:
Jancouver said:
rm7 said:

bingo
No way, just wait for it.

Re:

Kokoso said:
No TdS for him, Dauphine instead. Duck it. By the looks of it he doesn't seem happy with this change.

Looks like Tinkoff don't want the 2014 Dauphine scenario... There is a big chance that Contador is going to take the jersey in the prologue and then he will actually need a team to keep it through the week without spending too much energy himself...

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site

bajbar said:
Kokoso said:
No TdS for him, Dauphine instead. Duck it. By the looks of it he doesn't seem happy with this change.

Looks like Tinkoff don't want the 2014 Dauphine scenario... There is a big chance that Contador is going to take the jersey in the prologue and then he will actually need a team to keep it through the week without spending too much energy himself...
It's a shame. This year TdS route is ideal for Kreuziger, there was chance for win. Shame Rogers ended.

rm7

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
Bad choice from Tinkoff.. Need to let these high paid doms ride their own chances too, otherwise they won't perform that extra 5-10 % when it really matters.

Would also be interesting to see how good Kreuziger really is this year, when he's not riding support.

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Re:

rm7 said:
Bad choice from Tinkoff.. Need to let these high paid doms ride their own chances too, otherwise they won't perform that extra 5-10 % when it really matters.
And because he could have Dauphine win and Suisse win. This way he will only have Dauphine.

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site

Kokoso said:
rm7 said:
And because he could have Dauphine win and Suisse win. This way he will only have Dauphine.

I'm not sure what exactly you are smoking, but I want some of that too. It must be some pretty good material :eek:

TRENDING THREADS