• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Roman Kreuziger Discussion Thread

Page 19 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
Zinoviev Letter said:
Carols said:
deValtos said:
Well that was with 350m to go and he did drop back then (rather pointlessly at this point.)

Ofc hhe should've dropped back earlier but I don't get what the photo shows.

It shows that he lied when he claims he didn't know Contador was struggling. He was looking right at him!

It shows that he knew Contador was struggling with 350m to go. It doesn't show that he knew that he'd lost Contador when it mattered. The evidence for that isn't this picture. It's what Tinkov's DS said about radioing him four times.
For all we know it could be the Tinkoff DS trying to cover his own a**e.

Carols said:
deValtos said:
Well that was with 350m to go and he did drop back then (rather pointlessly at this point.)

It shows that he lied when he claims he didn't know Contador was struggling. He was looking right at him!

Reminds me of when Contador didn't know that Schleck's chain dropped or Nibali with Froome last year

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
Re:

King Boonen said:
Tinkoff is pulling funding at the end of the year and the team will disband. Kreuziger can hang a round for an injured leader, who is basically guaranteed a massive contract, or he can put himself in the shop window. I know which I'd be doing...
Exactly.

Re:

King Boonen said:
Tinkoff is pulling funding at the end of the year and the team will disband. Kreuziger can hang a round for an injured leader, who is basically guaranteed a massive contract, or he can put himself in the shop window. I know which I'd be doing...

I am not sure that getting yourself noticed because people are accusing you of not following team orders and screwing over your team leader is a particularly brilliant sales pitch to other teams. If there's one thing teams tend not to be very keen on, it's riders bucking team orders.

I would expect that being a dedicated team player and following instructions is a better way to get paid than to leave your team leader behind and lose time on stages anyway. All he's proven is that he isn't strong enough to win, and isn't enough of a team player to be great support - who's going to pay a lot for that?

Re: Re:

Zinoviev Letter said:
King Boonen said:

I am not sure that getting yourself noticed because people are accusing you of not following team orders and screwing over your team leader is a particularly brilliant sales pitch to other teams. If there's one thing teams tend not to be very keen on, it's riders bucking team orders.

He's getting himself noticed by showing he can hang with the big guns. Really, that's all that matters.

King Boonen said:
Zinoviev Letter said:
King Boonen said:

He's getting himself noticed by showing he can hang with the big guns. Really, that's all that matters.

He didn't finish with the big guns anyway!

Zinoviev Letter said:
King Boonen said:
Zinoviev Letter said:
King Boonen said:

And I didn't say finish.

King Boonen said:
Zinoviev Letter said:
King Boonen said:
Zinoviev Letter said:
King Boonen said:

And I didn't say finish.

Sure, but if the idea was to demonstrate personal strength at the cost of demonstrating unreliability as a team rider, not actually demonstrating personal strength is a bit of a problem.

And again the only riders from Tinkoff who were able to stay in the front group were Kreuziger and Contador. And it wasnt that hard stage. What a great team. Where was Kiserlovski? If I were Kreuziger, I would be a bit pis**d as well. He is there on the flats for Sagan, he is there for Contador in the mountains, where the hell is the rest of the team? They were invisible up until now.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Re:

rehy90 said:
And again the only riders from Tinkoff who were able to stay in the front group were Kreuziger and Contador. And it wasnt that hard stage. What a great team. Where was Kiserlovski? If I were Kreuziger, I would be a bit pis**d as well. He is there on the flats for Sagan, he is there for Contador in the mountains, where the hell is the rest of the team? They were invisible up until now.
Thats not true,Majka and Kiserlovski were there almost to the top.

KGB

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Re:

rehy90 said:
Who? Kiserlovski?I knew one he rode for Trek but he retired ,no?

PremierAndrew said:
Carols said:
deValtos said:

Reminds me of when Contador didn't know that Schleck's chain dropped or Nibali with Froome last year

Gee I didn't know in either of those incidents that the people involved were Team Mates one a dom who was ordered to wait 4 times and lied. Apples to oranges....

Re:

KGB said:
Oleg is fine with Kreuziger.Not problem in Oleg team.Only problem who has there is actually Contador.
Well that's how Oleg see things:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/tinkov-twitter-experts-should-spend-20-million-on-their-own-teams/
We are united until he's out of the GC race.
How about this formulation?

Instead of saying something like: "As long as he's in contention he has full support"... Tinkov chooses to imply he's expecting Contador to drop out of the GC race.
He can do with his money whatever he wants, off course, but if it's publicly exposed business he has to be prepared to criticism. Especially justified.

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
Funny, when I wrote int he Rio thread viewtopic.php?f=6&t=30710&p=1953113#p1953113 after he was left out of the Czech team that the main reason was that he is not a team player, I was called out.

Now when he did the same to Contador, people are surprised. Not me. That guy does not give a rat about anybody but his paycheck. Sure, he did OK when he was guaranteed a nice pay, now, when Kreuziger is looking for a new team, he is the old same selfish *** he always been.

Surprise, surprise ... :cool:

Re:

El Pistolero said:
Is there any WT team crazy enough to give a leadership role to Kreuziger though? When's the last time he even won a race? 2013?

A good rider on his day but that day does not arrive very often. Not a GT winner though and has trouble with the three weeks. He should probably concentrate on the hilly classics and one week races. When he was in good form a few years ago he was made team leader for the Giro and flopped. No one much remembers top 10s in GTs. Better to aim for a stage win.

Re:

Jancouver said:
Funny, when I wrote int he Rio thread viewtopic.php?f=6&t=30710&p=1953113#p1953113 after he was left out of the Czech team that the main reason was that he is not a team player, I was called out.

Now when he did the same to Contador, people are surprised. Not me. That guy does not give a rat about anybody but his paycheck. Sure, he did OK when he was guaranteed a nice pay, now, when Kreuziger is looking for a new team, he is the old same selfish *** he always been.

Surprise, surprise ... :cool:
He wasn't left out. It was his own decision. There was a press conference with all the riders and Roman announced he won't go to Rio since he need to recover for Vuelta.

In fact it's opposite of selfishness. There is a rule that a rider starting in time trial has to start in the road race as well. Both Barta and Konig will ride time trial, so they have to be in the road race. That leaves 2 places for Kreuziger, Stybar and Vakoc. Both Etixx riders wanted to see Rio so Roman made his decision.

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site

ILovecycling said:
rehy90 said:
Thats not true,Majka and Kiserlovski were there almost to the top.
True is Kiserlovski and Majka weren't in front group at finish. So you can't really say it is not true. And true is they weren't in the front groups over the top. There is quite a long stretch where we can't see whole group so where Kiserlovski and Majka disappeared from group of favourites is a mystery.

TRENDING THREADS