• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Roman Kreuziger Discussion Thread

Page 20 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Carols said:
deValtos said:
Well that was with 350m to go and he did drop back then (rather pointlessly at this point.)

Ofc hhe should've dropped back earlier but I don't get what the photo shows.

It shows that he lied when he claims he didn't know Contador was struggling. He was looking right at him!
Kreuziger never said he didn't know Contador was struggling, though.

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Re:

Jancouver said:
Funny, when I wrote int he Rio thread viewtopic.php?f=6&t=30710&p=1953113#p1953113 after he was left out of the Czech team that the main reason was that he is not a team player, I was called out.

Now when he did the same to Contador, people are surprised. Not me. That guy does not give a rat about anybody but his paycheck. Sure, he did OK when he was guaranteed a nice pay, now, when Kreuziger is looking for a new team, he is the old same selfish *** he always been.

Surprise, surprise ... :cool:
What a nonsense. What Lance Armstrong said plus: do you think other riders are helping others for free, without thinking about their paycheck? Plus, as was told numerous times, he was really loyal helper for years now. Compare that to, say, Majka.
He may or may not be selfish, I don't know him. What you say doesn' prove he is selfish, though.

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Re:

Jancouver said:
Funny, when I wrote int he Rio thread viewtopic.php?f=6&t=30710&p=1953113#p1953113 after he was left out of the Czech team that the main reason was that he is not a team player, I was called out.

Now when he did the same to Contador, people are surprised. Not me. That guy does not give a rat about anybody but his paycheck. Sure, he did OK when he was guaranteed a nice pay, now, when Kreuziger is looking for a new team, he is the old same selfish *** he always been.

He wasn't left out, it was his decision. Do you have selective reading/hearing or something?

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
It's good that Kreuz gets his own chances now. People are quick to forget the 2013 Tour ...

kruez_zpsookwiazh.jpg

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully Contador will bury himself to help Kreuziger secure a high GC position. That's the least Contador can do for the many years of selfless service

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
Re: Re:

Lance Armstrong said:
Jancouver said:

He wasn't left out. It was his own decision. There was a press conference with all the riders and Roman announced he won't go to Rio since he need to recover for Vuelta.

In fact it's opposite of selfishness. There is a rule that a rider starting in time trial has to start in the road race as well. Both Barta and Konig will ride time trial, so they have to be in the road race. That leaves 2 places for Kreuziger, Stybar and Vakoc. Both Etixx riders wanted to see Rio so Roman made his decision.

Of course, it is because of the Vuelta. Forget the meaningless Olympic race in Rio. Vuelta is THE number one race everyone is targeting or not?

After all, it was in the papers so it must be true ... :lol:

All right, now tell us the one about Little Red Riding Hood & The Big Bad Wolf :cool:

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
Re:

SHAD0W93 said:
What do you guys think Roman's final GC will be?

Outside of the Top 20 ... :cool:

Why do I think that? Because he is a seriously ill person that should not even be doing sports. Or wasn't that the reason he was on those thyroid meds? :lol:

My guess is that once it is clear that he won't make the Top10, he may be trying for a stage win instead.

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site

Jancouver said:
SHAD0W93 said:

Why do I think that? Because he is a seriously ill person that should not even be doing sports. Or wasn't that the reason he was on those thyroid meds? :lol:

My guess is that once it is clear that he won't make the Top10, he may be trying for a stage win instead.
Always fan of Kreuziger, always trolling.

KGB

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site

Jancouver said:
SHAD0W93 said:

No he is not ill.He just doing his job best as he can to make money for living.This is his probably last chance to get good 2years contract.
Team player:
TDF 2013:Brought Contador to Paris.
TDF 2016:Brought Sagan yellow jersey(his payback for Czech champion jersey).
He is just riding bike for living.

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
So far I'm pleased with his performance. He has worst team support maybe except for Yates and working a lot in previous stages for others. Shame Contador couldn't or didn't want to help. One problem (or one of the problems) is that he has not trained TT much, I suppose non leaders do not train TTs much so much in general. But one is MTT where he never failed and the other is not pan flat. It's only one third of Tour behind us. Almost anything can happen.

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
What de Jongh said after yesterday's stage: "The plan was clear for today, just to look after Roman and make sure he was in good shape going into the Ventoux," explained Sport Director Steven De Jongh after the stage. "The guys did a good job".

Is he kidding us? Or what stage did watch? Certainly not yesterday's. Kreuziger stayed in front group alone for dozen's of kilometres, no one there to fetch him bottle or meal or whatever. This is what he calls good work. Ridiculous. Good work was what team and him as part of it did the day before, ending with Sagan win.

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
So 10th place in GC it is. Decent result. Who would have say that before Tour, except for me? Given results of top 15 poll, probably no one here? Yet he's there, three minutes behind podium, which is not that much. In no way was his performance shameful. I mean - he surprised most actually, didn't he? Even today there were people saying no way he will finish in top ten... At the end better than Pinot, TJVG, Aru, Barguil, Mollema, Rolland. And of course big boy Reichenbach :) Three minutes behind Quintana? ****, that's good! With not much help in the mountains but I'm aware he wasn't only one in this regard.

As for me - I'm satisfied.

I am happy he got into the top 10 wish he was higher though.
Hopefully he does a good San Sebastain. Then I wonder how he will be in the Vuelta considering he was planning on doing GC before Contador fell. Hope a top 10 and stage win there while helping Contador win overall.

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Re:

SHAD0W93 said:
Hopefully he does a good San Sebastain. Then I wonder how he will be in the Vuelta considering he was planning on doing GC before Contador fell. Hope a top 10 and stage win there while helping Contador win overall.
San Sebastian always suited him well so I hope for good result, too. Was he planning to go for GC at the Vuelta? I haven't seen that anywhere. If it's true, with fresh Contador going I fear game changed and they will go for Contador :sad:

I'm still pretty chuffed for yesterday, he showed some balls and it payed off :) Of course Peter Sagan helped him a lot, too. Still I believe he will win today.

TRENDING THREADS