• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Roman Kreuziger Discussion Thread

Page 26 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Netserk said:
tobydawq said:
@FrankSchleck

Fuglsang might also belong in that list.
:lol:

Oh, man.

Until 700 metres to go of today's stage he had looked like one of the three strongest Ardennes riders this week (behind Ala and Bala). Considering the fact that he is much more suited to the longer climbs that present themselves to the riders this Sunday, I don't think that is farfetched at all.

But Kreuziger has of course also impressed a lot.

But nice counter-argument anyway.

Re:

Netserk said:
I'm sure someone neutral like inrng will give him 4 stars in his preview. I mean, it's just so obvious that he is a favourite.

You might hit it well off with Emil Axelgaard from Feltet.dk. He is also very harsh and unrealistically negatively expectant of the Danes and only gave Valgren 1 star for Amstel (20 riders got more than one star to put that in its correct and necessary context).

I said he was as strong or stronger than Kreuziger but I don't think he has many chances of winning - just as I don't think Kreuziger does that. So of course Inrng won't give him four stars, the guy can't sprint.

Re:

SHAD0W93 said:
If he does win it'll be well deserved. He just needs to either be stronger than everyone to solo, dangerous teammate in group chasing, or strong breakaway companions.

Honestly Kreuziger isn't that slow. Ofcourse he won't beat MAtthews, Alla or Valverde, but if you look at liege 2016 he did a very good sprint out of the favorite group.

Frankschleck said:
SHAD0W93 said:
If he does win it'll be well deserved. He just needs to either be stronger than everyone to solo, dangerous teammate in group chasing, or strong breakaway companions.

Honestly Kreuziger isn't that slow. Ofcourse he won't beat MAtthews, Alla or Valverde, but if you look at liege 2016 he did a very good sprint out of the favorite group.

Sprinting after a short and easy stage is a lot different than after 250 hard raced kms. Most of the time it is more about who has more energy left than about max speed.

skippo12 said:
Frankschleck said:
SHAD0W93 said:

Sprinting after a short and easy stage is a lot different than after 250 hard raced kms. Most of the time it is more about who has more energy left than about max speed.
That was more like an attack in the uphill section before the finish. He was mightily strong that day.

yaco is correct. There are very few potential winners of LBL who are slower than Kreuziger. The only one I can think of is Mikel Landa. And he's probably not going to contribute if he finds himself in a breakaway with Kreuziger.

Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Typical Kreuziger results. The man doesn't have the punch or sprint to finish it off, and he's not a strong enough time trial / solo rider like Jungels

Had he gone instead of Jungels he would've won, because the chase was so great. But then again maybe Haig would've work then, he didn't rode for Krueziger, maybe he would ride against him :p

Blanco said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Typical Kreuziger results. The man doesn't have the punch or sprint to finish it off, and he's not a strong enough time trial / solo rider like Jungels

Had he gone instead of Jungels he would've won, because the chase was so great. But then again maybe Haig would've work then, he didn't rode for Krueziger, maybe he would ride against him :p
Had he gone instead of Jungels, Jungels would've brought him back in no time flat if he wanted to, or he would've let him swim at 15s before Alaphilippe finishes everyone off in the last 5km.

Red Rick said:
Blanco said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:

Had he gone instead of Jungels, Jungels would've brought him back in no time flat if he wanted to, or he would've let him swim at 15s before Alaphilippe finishes everyone off in the last 5km.

Possibly, but what I was trying to say is that he didn't do anything to increase his chances of win. He had one man with him but he didn't wanted to use him as he was probably feared of Valverde and Alaphilippe. Same as Lotto and Sunweb. Astana had two men also and they started to work way too late.

Congratulations to Bob Jungels, he rode courageously and was very strong, but I for one second doesn;t think that he was the strongest man in this race, and I truly believe that with proper reaction form one or two teams I mentioned Jungels could've been neutralized, and this same Kreuziger would have much better chance than he had this way.

Blanco said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:

So based on your ridiculous thoughts Haig will be chastised by management at MS - Doubt Haag could have done much more - After all he is a third year pro - The fact is only Oomen and Haig were the only third year pro's at the pointy end of the race - Any criticism of both these riders is an indictment on posters.

yaco said:
Blanco said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:

So based on your ridiculous thoughts Haig will be chastised by management at MS - Doubt Haag could have done much more - After all he is a third year pro - The fact is only Oomen and Haig were the only third year pro's at the pointy end of the race - Any criticism of both these riders is an indictment on posters.

I'm not criticizing Haig, I'm criticizing Mitchelton Scott.

TRENDING THREADS