• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Roman Kreuziger Discussion Thread

Page 30 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
To restart an old debate. Tour 2013. He looked stronger than Contador in the mountains. Quintana and Froome were in a different league but the podium was within reach. Could he have done it?
I think so if he was the leader. He did a lot for Contador and was only a minute down from him. After that he was on the downward trend in GTs since the whole thing in 2014. I think he could have podiumed or won a Vuelta focusing on it but he never cared for that GT. Definitely had the skill to win more stages, classics, and GDL/LBL plus week stage races.

I think he was never a prolific winner and for me the only races where he was genuinely close to winning, but could not was the Amstel that he lost to Valgren and the Tirreno Adriatico when he was ahead of Nibali at the start of the last TT.

Apart from that, winning 2 major stage races and 2 major classics is pretty good for a career with only 14 wins.

Reactions: Sandisfan
I think he was never a prolific winner and for me the only races where he was genuinely close to winning, but could not was the Amstel that he lost to Valgren and the Tirreno Adriatico when he was ahead of Nibali at the start of the last TT.

Apart from that, winning 2 major stage races and 2 major classics is pretty good for a career with only 14 wins.

But winning those 2 major stage races when you're still only 23 (at a time when that was considered quite young) and then never a third is not pretty good.

TRENDING THREADS