• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Rujano can win this Giro, believes Savio

Page 48 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Netserk said:
And the hype train has left the station!
giro05-stage19-3.jpg

_O_

Maaaaaaaarten said:
This has to happen!

It would be so good for this forum if Rujano signs with Savio again. "Savio believes Rujano can win the Giro" has to be one of the more famous threads from recent times on this forum. If Rujano rides this Giro, this Giro might become almost as famous as the Tour de Suisse that Leipheimer won. :eek:

The funniest moment of all time in cn forum for me. Those series of posts in response to Levi's TdS win should be a sticky simply for the joy that it brings.

Wouldn't be too suprised if Lampre signs him for a Giro - Vuelta campaign. It's not that they have anyone of his caliber in their rooster already. :cool:

Androni would be funny though. Savio & Rujano are like cyclings Lewis Hamilton and Nicole Scherzinger. They neither can with or without each other. :p

Wasn't Rujano with Southeast, then Farnese Vini in spring 2010?

:eek: LaFlorecita might be pretty worried right now. She knows it's impossible for Contador to peak for Giro + Tour and to defeat magical Rujano on Finestre. It's impossible .

Seriously the Lampre idea strikes me. Not only for the Giro. Just imagine Rujano & Pozzovivo peaking for La Vuelta: featherweight championship. Mind orgasm. :cool:

staubsauger said:
Seriously the Lampre idea strikes me. Not only for the Giro. Just imagine Rujano & Pozzovivo peaking for La Vuelta: featherweight championship. Mind orgasm. :cool:

on Twitter there were some kind of low-key rumors a Belgian team would be interested in signing him. Topsport is not possible anyway, also Lotto and Etixx are not too likely, especially with Lefevere still in power. And although the same applies for van der Schueren, maybe Wanty is desperate enough to finally secure that grand tour invitation and sign him for the Vuelta...

search said:
on Twitter there were some kind of low-key rumors a Belgian team would be interested in signing him. Topsport is not possible anyway, also Lotto and Etixx are not too likely, especially with Lefevere still in power. And although the same applies for van der Schueren, maybe Wanty is desperate enough to finally secure that grand tour invitation and sign him for the Vuelta...

Ah, a Rujano Napolitano combo, the first and the last on every MTF.

savio again friend with rujanito!
one way or another, i feel he will ride il giro!

http://caferoubaix.com/2015/01/27/gianni-savio-2015-a-new-start-for-the-team/

– Is there any truth in the rumors of a Jose Rujano comeback to the team for the Giro d’Italia?

No, I can confirm there’s nothing true. After the Vuelta al Tachira, Jose Rujano informed me that he wants to talk to me and I replied that we can do that, but nothing more. At this moment, we are not negotiating with Rujano.

– But are all the doors closed?

I don’t know. I am open to talk to him if he wants that, but I repet, there are no negotiations. I have a good relation now with Rujano. He knows he made a mistake a couple of years ago, but that’s the past, it’s all water under the bridge, so things are ok between us. He won the Vuelta al Tachira and when I was on the podium with Jose Garcia, who took the intermediate sprints classification, I congratulated Rujano for his triumph. We didn’t talk yet, but if he is open to do it, then we will talk, as everything is good between us.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
That would be great, Tvetcov and Rujano would be an awesome combination.
Carlos Gálviz is another rider that could do well in the Giro, they could have a pretty strong team for the Giro.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
this thing is happening because the venezuelan fed will force it on savio. if venezuelan fed stop sponsoring the team folds immediately. on the other hand rujano is no friends with venezuelan fed

TRENDING THREADS