Running-thread

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Unchained said:
I will search around.. I'm sure there is something.. don't want to break your dirt-y heart.. just saw that there is only one Blockbuster video store left in the US..
I thought that they were all closed until I saw the headline about the the 'only one' in Bend, OR.

Chris Horner lives in Bend.. if he is not still trying to be a pro bike racer he will surely go down and pick up a beat up copy of Forrest Gump or Bettlejuice for you on VHS.. maybe some Goobers or Milk Duds... so you will know that hope exists..

On running..I am still watching running stuff on YouTube..OMG.. Donald Sutherland plays Fontaine's coach and the guy from Breaking Bad is part of the coaching staff..Hank.. there is a few awesome videos of Dave Wottle... the entire 1972 Olympic thing is epic... lots of memories of ABC wide world of sports announcers.. these guys don't look like they did anything other than run and not eat for training!!!!
I don't feel bad..or not that bad about myself eating cold pizza watching running videos..at least I am watching running.. that's a start.
I am going for Zola Budd for desert..

Re:

Unchained said:
I am going for Zola Budd for desert..
You must be really old (or at least my age) if your remember that story...

Was this at the '84 LA Olympics where Zola Budd wore no shoes, and she somehow clipped Mary Decker who then cried foul?

The drama back then, kids, the DRAMA!

EDIT - I never found fault with either runner, according to Wiki they now both accept some level of responsibility.

*** just happens during a race, ladies and gents, *** just happens.

I guess I am a little bummed that one of you more knowledgeable on running didn't comment ....I watched some of the Berlin marathon and I got the chills watching Kipchoge run. the guy is incredible!!!!
I also watched some of the hybrid record attempt in Monza..motorpacing didn't do it but close...Eliud is fvcking awesome!!

Re:

Unchained said:
I guess I am a little bummed that one of you more knowledgeable on running didn't comment ....I watched some of the Berlin marathon and I got the chills watching Kipchoge run. the guy is incredible!!!!
I also watched some of the hybrid record attempt in Monza..motorpacing didn't do it but close...Eliud is fvcking awesome!!
It's probably because all of us old-time amateur runners would probably be more likely to be commenting downstairs at the Clinic.

Personally, I'm so out of the loop at this point of my age that I don't even care anymore.

yesterday coldest morning of the year here in UK ..........minus 6c

50 min enthusiastic jog up and down hill

back home for the 'breakfast of champions' shared with the greedy dog..............

pound chicken pie...pound mince pie + smaller meat suet pudding.............LOvely!!!!

that 'lil lot took a good 3 hours to digest with the dog and i zonked out on the sofa

then a second enthusiastic jog .....................feeling just as energised as if i had consumed my

normal carb load............

Re:

Unchained said:
Never knew anything about Betty Cuthbert..read a few good bits..worked hard for MS advocacy..the old photos are fascinating.. Australia had a population of @8.5 million back then..
Grew up in Paradise Vally\Scottsdale Arizona....Jesse Owens was on TV..doing public service announcement stuff.he was pretty old..it was many years later I got exposure to what his Olympic victory meant for him and Hitler..
I am always floored by early Australian athletics...landmass is equal to the U.S. ..it's like a big pie were everyone lives along the crust..I can't get over how many awesome athletes come out of this place!!!then and now..
You might be interested that the 138th running of the Easter Gift is taking place in Stawell, a town in rural Victoria, this weekend. The Gift is a 120m (formerly 130yd) handicapped professional sprint run on grass. There is also legal gambling on the event. Below is a video of the 50th Gift from 1927 when it may still have been the world's richest footrace. It is still a huge payday for the winners and historically many have doubled or tripled their winnings at the bookies expense.
https://youtu.be/E_n0OAC4_hA

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
BroDeal Non-Cycling Discussions 0
T Non-Cycling Discussions 26

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS