• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Ryder Hesjedal Discussion Thread

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Ryder Hesjedal

Thought it was time a forum to address possibly the strongest rider in the Giro be open. While it seems everyone is focused on Wiggins and Nibali, there is a quiet Canadian that is showing the form of his life, Ryder Hesjedal.

I think the race will actually be between Ryder and Nibali once things go vertical. Wiggins and others better be ready, the screws are going to be tightened up really soon.

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Johnnyg said:
Thought it was time a forum to address possibly the strongest rider in the Giro be open. While it seems everyone is focused on Wiggins and Nibali, there is a quiet Canadian that is showing the form of his life, Ryder Hesjedal.

I think the race will actually be between Ryder and Nibali once things go vertical. Wiggins and others better be ready, the screws are going to be tightened up really soon.

Guess you are a new cop, did you do a search before the post?
The thread already existed
http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showthread.php?t=17273&highlight=Ryder+Hesjedal

This thread should be closed.

Quietly and uneventfully Ryder just keeps putting in good rides so far. His confidence seems to be high and his legs good.

But where is his Team? He mostly seems to be doing it alone.

Tomorrow is a big day for him, I hope he has a great ride!

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Carols said:
Quietly and uneventfully Ryder just keeps putting in good rides so far. His confidence seems to be high and his legs good.

Tomorrow is a big day for him, I hope he has a great ride!

yep silent killer used to be Samu:eek:

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Ryder doing very well thus far. Didn't crash (I didn't see him crash at least), he put some time into some of the other GC guys, didn't over-exert himself too much. A well ridden stage by him. He's looking pretty good for a repeat of last year in fact (although I'm still betting on Nibali).

Carols said:
Danielson was riding next to him throughout the whole race bar the last 10 kms today and he still is below 1 minute from the leader in GC. Hardly possible to do so with leaving his leader alone for most of the time. :D But I get the impression that Tommy D is riding on his own a bit and is Garmin's back-up plan for GC.

Stetina was also visible close to the finish on some tougher stages so far.

The rest is actually giving up early but I thought they were setting the pace sometimes. On stage 3 before Ryder's first attack If I'm not mistaken. And I think I also saw Vande Velde today setting the pace around 20 or so kms to go.

Still it's without a doubt better climbing team than last year. And what is more, it perhaps the strongest climbing roster for a GT in Garmin's history. It's the first time they send more than 3 proper climbers (Hesjedal, Vande Velde, Danielson and Stetina) for one GT.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
webvan said:
Absolutely and based on how weak he was on that last climb it would take a miracle for things to improve for him.

last year he was just as bad in teh first weke climb I forgot. only then they didn't push through. can't believe peopel actually think he is done :rolleyes:

It's not like somebody attacked him this year.
He was simply so bad he got dropped from 40 riders + lost a lot in the TT.

I don't think he's done but 3 minutes down is no joke and he's got plenty of riders in front of him in the GC. He really needs to be the best climber to win the whole thing.

cineteq said:
Do you realize your comment also matches Wiggins?

How about watching the race and/or reading the results on CN before trying to call another forum member?

So are you watching today, you do remember you predicted/wished a Wiggins DNF today, right? Expect to be even more laughed at than usual, not that a troll would mind I suppose...

webvan said:
How about watching the race and/or reading the results on CN before trying to call another forum member?

So are you watching today, you do remember you predicted/wished a Wiggins DNF today, right? Expect to be even more laughed at than usual, not that a troll would mind I suppose...
So that's your easy way out of your own comment, calling other members a troll?

SafeBet said:

I don't think he's done but 3 minutes down is no joke and he's got plenty of riders in front of him in the GC. He really needs to be the best climber to win the whole thing.

He is done. No comebacks. Dropped on a third category climb yesterday and on the first climb today. You don't come back in that form.

May 19, 2011
Visit site
SafeBet said:

he sure is done after today, poor Garmin from last year glory to nothing of this year. Bike race is cruel.:) What can Garmin do now? Who can do stage hunt for Garmin? Honestly i don't think anyone in the Garmin team is in sort of decent form. The ones come back from the six months are the worst. did they not doing any training in those six months?

masking_agent said:
I think we are witnessing a one hit wonder who's had his one hit last year and will now sink into cycling's oblivion of "also rans." I don't see him winning another grand tour ever again, maybe a podium in future grand tours.

What a shame for the Canadian. Somthing didn't work in his preparation. At this point a virus isn't to be excluded.

TRENDING THREADS