• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Sagan better than a Cav?

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Not only is Sagan 100% beast, but he is absolutely brilliant. He works his way onto the right wheels, makes the right moves. He's not only stronger, but he's smarter than everyone else! He might make a mistake but it seems to be due to having so much self confidence, and being young. I think he might be a cyborg...

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Cavendish has a shot at 1 monument, 3 Classics?, god knows how many stages.

Sagan is good for god knows how many stages but has an opportunity in every single classic and monument. Overstating it a little he's untested at GdL, LBL, and PN, but his cobble season was as good as everyone but Boonen, and 2nd at Amstel (I know it isn't LBL) shows quite a bit of promise. Lombardia...might be the toughest for him to win.

I'll take Sagan.

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Question??

Sagan seems to be a sincerely nice guy, for being so young etc. Was Cav ever a nice guy, like when he was brand new, or has he always been an arrogant little pryk?

Fidolix

BANNED
Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Sagan: The tourminator, Hulk Sagan... I wonder what will come next. :cool:

No doubt he´s this seasons superstar, and it seems he have no limits to what he can achieve in his career.
But one question I ask my self, is it the right way Liquigas manage his talent?
He´s only 22 years old, and been racing all season on the highest level, won stages in TOC, TDS and TDF, he even rode the classics.
Had it been any other 22 year old, he would never had raced this program, and he will probably still be one of the favorites to win the worlds and even the Olympics.
But will there be a bill to pay later? He seems to be invulnerable but the kid is still only 22 years old, he´s not fully physically developed yet and there might be a price to pay later.

rickshaw said:
Sagan seems to be a sincerely nice guy, for being so young etc. Was Cav ever a nice guy, like when he was brand new, or has he always been an arrogant little pryk?

Yes Cav tried make us believe that to be a winner you had to be a pryk. Now we see Sagan dominating we learn that you can win, be a really nice bloke and have the audience love you.

thehog said:
Yes Cav tried make us believe that to be a winner you had to be a pryk. Now we see Sagan dominating we learn that you can win, be a really nice bloke and have the audience love you.

Of course. People are led to believe that, also after the Armstrong era. Then Contador showed up, being nice and all that, and he shows you can be a winner with a nice attitude.

That said, I don't think Cavendish is that bad. He has an interesting character and I quite like him.

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
thehog said:

Was Cav as much of a "***", as he "is now" after winning his first three stages at the Tour? Or did it take him a few more wins to become cocky about it?
Just saying, wait till Sagan gets a little closer to Cav in palmarees, he might become just as much of a ****

Loved how Gilbert had a little fun with Sagan on his way down after the finish when Peter still was about to get in the finish himself. Rode ride towards him like he wanted to crash into him and Sagan did the same, then avoided and laughed.

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
offday today, we'll see tomorrow

428960_10151065515429467_170772744_n.jpg

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Parera said:
Peter Sagan gets whipped by Tejay on today's finale. Yeah, clearly we have the next Merckx on our hands.

to have the best merckx you must allow anphetamines and wiskey, give sagan his own team and making ride against farmers. see? not so hard.

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Fetisoff said:
Can Sagan do a bunnyhop across the finish line at 70km+?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4OCiwonwzY

the Peloton.

BTW Cav has enough wins with more than "just a 4th cat climb" along the route. Just saying

Not at 22yrs old he didnt.

Amateur hour. That was a pathetic display of bike handling skils.

Sagan is a former BMX'r and mountain bike chmpion, bike skills Sagan hands down compared to 99% of the Peloton.

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
zigmeister said:
Not at 22yrs old he didnt.

Amateur hour. That was a pathetic display of bike handling skils.

Sagan is a former BMX'r and mountain bike chmpion, bike skills Sagan hands down compared to 99% of the Peloton.

You do realize Cavendish rode BMX and MTB as well, right?