• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Samuel Samu Sanchez official awesomness thread.

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
El Pistolero said:
This is about Samu, stick to the topic!

Wow. Nicely done. Nicely done. Maybe im beginning to underestimate you.

Well played;)

Edit: Ah but you couldnt stop there;)
Actually I asked very legit questions if you watched him race this season.

Yes you did. But since im trying out superfanboy mode, i am required to go for the personal as a defense mechanism.

And if you read your posts this season, the questions i asked were ALSO very legit ;)

May 6, 2011
Visit site
He always reminds me of those types dwelling in Shoreditch circa 1998/9, the ones with the menial IT support jobs. I wonder if he's ever been to the Mother Bar.

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
Man without hinting at the clinic, if they were to have a properly mountainous WC course, the Spanish would have it stitched up like a kipper, so to speak. (Is that the right figure of speech?)

Just looking at all the photos of Samu grinning with Bert and Valverde.

HE is a fun rider to watch, great descender, solid TTist, but there is something about him that I don`t like, besides the fact he is Spanish. I don`t know what, but can`t make myself to cheer for him. Anyway I hope JVDB will finish in front of him for the (last) podium spot.

seems fitting that the greatest thread-maker in this forum's history makes a thread for the greatest rider in this forum's history :D

well done hitch and i'll be there fanboying around for samu all the way to the podium

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Hitch,
It's good to see you channeling your inner-Giro in yet another legendary OP. ;)
The Hitch said:
Almost every man and his dog ever mentioned for a TDF top 10 has its own thread.
But you seem to have overlooked one:

CVV http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showthread.php?t=12027 :D

Say what you will, but on this quote alone I would think it would qualify:
Samuel Sanchez, he could win too (but he’s one of my favorite riders, so I’ll just leave it at that...)

I only have this to add:

Come July, the Schleck sisters will be no match for these "brothers."

dv683394_600.jpg

bettiniphoto_0057248_1_full_600.jpg

May 20, 2010
Visit site
If Samu wins the tour ill soil myself and soil Moose as well. :D

It might be my fanboy within speaking, but i really consider him top favorite for 3rd place.

I just hope Euskaltel's idiotic positioning tactics dont screw him over yet again.

Id like him to skip the tour next year though, target Vuelta and get that coveted GT win, because i think its well within his grasp.

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Is used to really like him, but the last couple of years he's got a bit boring. His patented 'getting dropped at the bottom of a climb, and slowly make your way up at your own pace' garantuees zero action and tv-time. During last years Tour he was about as interesting as Menchov, which is never a good thing, i.e. if they wouldn't have participated, the race would have unfolded exactly the same, just everyone behind them would move up one place. Well, I guess his attack at Morzine wasn't so bad, so Sanchez gave us about two minutes of action last year.

Let's hope he races this year to earn an official awesomness thread.

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Lanark said:
Is used to really like him, but the last couple of years he's got a bit boring. His patented 'getting dropped at the bottom of a climb, and slowly make your way up at your own pace' garantuees zero action and tv-time. During last years Tour he was about as interesting as Menchov, which is never a good thing, i.e. if they wouldn't have participated, the race would have unfolded exactly the same, just everyone behind them would move up one place. Well, I guess his attack at Morzine wasn't so bad, so Sanchez gave us about two minutes of action last year.

Let's hope he races this year to earn an official awesomness thread.

That climbing style was patented by Haimar Zubeldia.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Havetts said:
Team Time Trial and Euskaltel, do the math :(.

And I totally wouldnt mind if there was someone to podium and it were Gesi.. eh Samu ;).

The TTT won't be a deal breaker tho. He shouldn't lose much more a minute. I see no reason why that would take him out of contention, certainly not for his main objective the podium.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
elaboration required

Don't get me wrong, I like Samu but I think Euskaltel will do quite badly in the ttt. I don't see it turning out to be good for Samu. I also fear for him during the 1st week that he will lose time and that he doesn't have guys who can keep him up the front out of danger in the crosswinds.

TRENDING THREADS