• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Samuel Sanchez positive for growth hormone

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Re:

yaco said:
Something fishy about riders testing positive just before the beginning of each of the GT's.

It makes it easier for the UCI to say, "the race was clean. we caught the bad guys before they could tarnish the event."

spetsa said:
Echoes said:
Again, Merckx failed one drug test that is legally valid, the 1977 one and the biggest fish are the ones who test positive for the most efficient substances of them all. Stimul is hardly comparable to growth hormone. Compare likes and likes...

And indeed, Armstrong was stripped of only his Tour of France results as though only that mattered. He still has his World Championship title, which is disgraceful towards single-day greats. Plus nobody else got the same sanction for the same incriminated substances. More disgrace.

OK, I will. Cheating=Cheating. Moral relativism does not work when it comes to drugs in sport.

It's funny to watch someone try and defend their favorite rider when it comes to doping, but condemn another on their doping.

Personally, I understand their all dopers, and just enjoy cycling in-spite of it. I am bummed for Sammy. I liked him.

Re:

Arredondo said:
Really sad to see Sammy perish at this stage of his career. I mean, he was such a classy bike rider!

And people tend to forget how great he was in his prime. He was up there with the best 5 cyclists in the world at one point. Climbing, TT'ing, sprinting, descending: he could do all!

Sad day for cycling really :(

What a ridiculous post.

The only sad part is that he wasn't caught years ago.

Jspear said:
OK, I will. Cheating=Cheating. Moral relativism does not work when it comes to drugs in sport.

It's funny to watch someone try and defend their favorite rider when it comes to doping, but condemn another on their doping.

I see. Stealing an orange = Murder! You all agree, I guess? Death penalty for all. Saying otherwise is "moral relativism"? Okay?

What makes you think that we are here talking about any of my favourite riders by the way? I condemn EPO doping, blood doping, testosterone and HGH. And I've already said TIME AND AGAIN on this forum. If any of my current favourite rider ever get busted for EPO, blood doping, a masking agent to blood dope, hormone-based dope or a hidden motor, I'll condemn it right away, uncompromisingly. You've read those post of mine, so this is dishonesty on your part. It's not acceptable. It's deliberate way to vilify a poster who never did you any harm. But coming from a poster who approves of doping, I'm not surprised...

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Echoes said:
Jspear said:

I see. Stealing an orange = Murder! You all agree, I guess? Death penalty for all. Saying otherwise is "moral relativism"? Okay?

What makes you think that we are here talking about any of my favourite riders by the way? I condemn EPO doping, blood doping, testosterone and HGH. And I've already said TIME AND AGAIN on this forum. If any of my current favourite rider ever get busted for EPO, blood doping, a masking agent to blood dope, hormone-based dope or a hidden motor, I'll condemn it right away, uncompromisingly. You've read those post of mine, so this is dishonesty on your part. It's not acceptable. It's deliberate way to vilify a poster who never did you any harm. But coming from a poster who approves of doping, I'm not surprised...

No, stealing an orange=stealing and orange. Using drugs to enhance performance=using drugs to enhance performance.

I'd even go further than that. Claiming that transmutant substances such as EPO or growth hormone are the same thing as good old stimulants IS moral relativism. I do not approve of stimulants, just claim the crime is more benign than Sanchez' one. Besides, I can also bounce back on what Jspear said in that imagining that doping in this sport has never evolved, that all substances are equal and have the same effects on performances, on the performances of clean riders is a good way indeed to clear their own favourite present-day dopers. That is a perfect example of moral relativism...

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Echoes said:
I'd even go further than that. Claiming that transmutant substances such as EPO or growth hormone are the same thing as good old stimulants IS moral relativism. I do not approve of stimulants, just claim the crime is more benign than Sanchez' one. Besides, I can also bounce back on what Jspear said in that imagining that doping in this sport has never evolved, that all substances are equal and have the same effects on performances, on the performances of clean riders is a good way indeed to clear their own favourite present-day dopers. That is a perfect example of moral relativism...

This isn't the court of law, this is sport governed by WADA codes. Cheating=Cheating. CAS is more similar to a court of law and any rider caught using stimulants can go there and challenge the length of their suspension.

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
Re: Re:

Saint Unix said:
Durden93 said:
Does Ricco count? He had two stages wins halfway through the tour when he was popped.
Contador was after Ricco.

Contador got busted in 2011 ... so does it mean that there was no big name busted in six years?

So yeah, the peloton is clean since no big name got busted in six years and all the testing definitely works, right?

Or am I missing something? :cool:

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Re: Re:

Jancouver said:
DFA123 said:
Robert5091 said:
2 days before the Vuelta? A warning to others?
He's an unusually big fish to use as a warning though. Maybe he's been pushing the boundaries for too long and they got fed up with him.

BTW, when was the last time they caught a really big fish?

Today, the team leader of BMC at the 2017 Vuelta !

TRENDING THREADS