• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Santambrogio tests positive for EPO

Page 25 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Benotti69 said:
Bet these 2 Freds said nothing about Padova and Astana.........

apart from Astana or Padova

is it really believable that some of them are so dumb or naive or what, and are left out from the knowledge of the "pocket of organized doping" that's going on?
it seems so from what they say
I don't know how they can't understand that's better to shut up

wrinklyvet said:
Not available for this.

False. There is a Test TUE through your NADO. It is apparently expensive and time consuming though. Otherwise, they are opening a huge opportunity to dope.

Of course, he did the right thing and contacted Zorzoli for the UCI's swift TUE service. No one is surprised he was denied.

Again, totally within the rules. It's an awesome doping positive escape clause.

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
jens_attacks said:
after this story, definitely he won't come back as a rider. imagine if cipo and ricco were still in the peloton, they would have mocked him all day long
mauro santambrogio also known as the opposite of pascal richard...

well, but maybe Rebellin needs a teammate

wrinklyvet said:
Not available for this.

Are there even rules for it? Can't a physician give you anything as long as she/he thinks it is a medical necessity?

Otherwise, the WADA has the power to second-guess a physician as an athlete can't withdraw from competition/OOC testing if she/he is ill and requiring treatment that would generate doping positives.

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Almeisan said:
Are there even rules for it? Can't a physician give you anything as long as she/he thinks it is a medical necessity?

Otherwise, the WADA has the power to second-guess a physician as an athlete can't withdraw from competition/OOC testing if she/he is ill and requiring treatment that would generate doping positives.

You get a valid TUE for a valid injury recovery. You'd better be clean when you begin to compete. That's the point of the rule and debated much by Masters guys that think they should be able to supplement because they're old.

DirtyWorks said:
False. There is a Test TUE through your NADO. It is apparently expensive and time consuming though. Otherwise, they are opening a huge opportunity to dope.

Of course, he did the right thing and contacted Zorzoli for the UCI's swift TUE service. No one is surprised he was denied.

Again, totally within the rules. It's an awesome doping positive escape clause.

If you really know this, I stand corrected.

I was relying on Stephen Farrand's report, who said, "Even though Santambrogio was serving a ban, he is still bound, under UCI anti-doping rules, to remain subject to testing. Andriol is prohibited both in- and out-of competition under the WADA code, and the UCI's anti-doping regulations state that, "Use of any Prohibited Substance or Prohibited Method to increase “low-normal” levels of any endogenous hormone is not considered an acceptable therapeutic intervention", so Santambrogio would not have been eligible for a Therapeutic Use Exemption (TUE) by the UCI."

Anyway, he didn't get one. He's a silly boy. I think everyone thinks that, or something like it.

Oldman said:
You get a valid TUE for a valid injury recovery. You'd better be clean when you begin to compete. That's the point of the rule and debated much by Masters guys that think they should be able to supplement because they're old.

Who gets to say when it is valid? The physician or WADA or someone else?

Sep 9, 2009
Visit site
thehog said:
The greatest gift they'll get this year is life.

Off topic, but maybe the most offensive song in the history of charity songs.

"Where nothing ever grows/no rain or rivers flow"

Fack you, Bono, and your little mullet, too.

Santa's case could be first for new UCI tribunal

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/latest-news/mauro-santambrogio-doping-case-first-ucis-new-tribunal-151503

WATSON_00003361-045-630x420.jpg

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: good

ebandit said:
crapna said:
"I made a mistake, but doping had little to do with my performances and I’ll show that in 2015.”

kids at home....................not only is doping 'not clever'...........it's

pointless...........................honest!

Mark L

And moreover, not cool for the young generation (unless your surname starts with Z) => Santa' should become new ambassador and symbol of clean cycling, just imagine that campaign: Believe in Santa'! Says doping has no effect. Jingle stems, jingle rings, jingle all the way...